Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Outlander 850 Max XT-P
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Does anyone know if the cluster glass can be replaced? I’ve got a grand total of 11.5 hours and a big crack right across the display. I removed the cover and it looks like it’s from where the bezel presses against the glass.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I know on the older style you could so I would imagine you could on the newer style as well. I had to replace the one on my 2016 once.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It’s possible it was hit there but very unlikely. It’s the bottom corner on the left which is protected by the bars. My best guess is that it was cracked under the bezel in that corner during assembly. If you tighten one corner down of the outer bezel it puts a lot of stress in one point. Doesn’t really matter how, I’m just looking for the glass now as the whole cluster is around $500.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Check with your dealer, shouldn't be more than $40 or so to replace the plastic cover hopefully. I've done it on older displays but for some reason I can't find the parts diagram for this one. Good luck!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I went to the dealer today, the front glass alone is not available from them, only the entire assembly. The machine is still under warranty though so they are checking with BRP to see if they will cover it. If not it is just under 400 loonies for the new one.

·
Registered
Outlander Max X-TP 1000T
115 Posts
If it doesn’t work out under warranty, and you can remove the cracked glass (assuming it’s not an integral part of the display) would a glass supplier be able to cut you one from tempered glass using the original as a template?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That’s my thought, I can see where it’s glued. It looks like glass but dealer says it’s plastic for sure. Might be a brittle Lexan or something. I would try replacing myself with something like that and sealing with RTV

·
Registered
18 Posts
That’s my thought, I can see where it’s glued. It looks like glass but dealer says it’s plastic for sure. Might be a brittle Lexan or something. I would try replacing myself with something like that and sealing with RTV
id be willing to bet you will be able to replace the plastic screen cover yourself. Little bit of heat from a heat gun or blow dryer should help to loosen the adhesive. will just need to find a adequate material to replace it w/ and trim to size.

whichever route you go, let us know. I’ve got a new XTP w/ the large screen as well. This repair could always be in my future.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I know on the older style you could so I would imagine you could on the newer style as well. I had to replace the one on my 2016 once.
Thank you so much for commenting. My 2018 display got 2 cracks and I've never hit anything. Really torqued me off too. After reading your post I looked up the part and got a replacement cover ordered! I'll figure out how to change it when it gets here. I was sure that I was going to have to change the whole display out and was just going to run er till she puked. This is one of the reasons I love these forums. Thanks again!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts