Can-Am ATV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I need some insight from y’all. I have a 2004 outlander, the shoe sliders needed replaced so I tracked them down and replaced them. It was a fairly easy job. However since I did it 3 days ago the bike seems to be very tight when I’m riding it. It almost acts like it’s in low range even though the selector is in high range. Is there an adjustment I need to make or just ride it and let the new parts seat in? Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
2015 Outlander XMR 650
5,358 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As I’m riding I really have to stay on the throttle. If I let off the throttle it slows down really quickly. If I’m paying attention it throws me up into the handle bars.

·
Super Moderator
2015 Outlander XMR 650
5,358 Posts
That almost sounds to me, like its intended operation. The engine braking on these bikes is serious. I almost wonder if your one-way wasn't working or working real good, before, and now it is.

Pull the cover off the belt box and jack the rear end up, run it through some revs and see if the primary and secondary are moving as expected.

Reactions: Tozguy

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
But it won’t go over about 30 miles per hour and sounds like the rpms are red lining.

·
Super Moderator
2015 Outlander XMR 650
5,358 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts