Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone looking to get some first had knowledge here for those of you that own 1000XMR's and even 650's and 800's.

Has anyone switched from the stock springs in the primary and secondary to the dalton kit springs/weights? If so what improvements did you notice. Was there any issues with your install. Was it worth the money? What additional parts wear and tear do you feel is increased by the addition of the more aggressive springs? And finally, how did this effect your riding in Mud, snow, and trail riding.

I know there is a few threads out there that talk about other brands but I'd like to keep this one specific for those of us that may be looking into purchasing this particular brand as a market research tool.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Everything that I have read says that it is MUCH better to get a full primary. Even though it is double the money, it will transform your ride into a completely different machine....I don't have any experience with the Dalton Clutch Kit, but I would save my money and get the full primary...That's what I'm doing.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I have the Dalton springs & weights in my primary & secondary on my 1000 Outty. It seems to pull my 31 Laws fine....although I will eventually get a CV Tech primary/STM secondary.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Yup, I'm not even going to mess with a kit, I'm shooting straight for a QSC primary and maybe even a STM secondary, even though I only have 28" Mayhems.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts