Can-Am ATV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have been waiting for bout a month give or take for my new max xtp. The dealer hasn't gave me any info why it's taking so long till today. They are saying the shipping strike on the west coast is holding up the big rigs and that's why it is taking so long. So my question is, should I ask for some kind of kick back on my wheeler? I know it's out of their hands if that's the truth but it was supposed to be delivered mid February and I would think they could of looked into it for me instead of keep telling me any day that it should show up. Thanks for any in put every body!

·
Registered
135 Posts
They are made in Juarez. Why would a strike in Cali ports impact shippers in El Paso? That seems like crap unless it's Chinese parts on a ship can't get out of container to make it to Juarez. I would expect that to all be hailed by Union Pacific rail.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I'm still waiting on my 1 up XTP to get shipped also. Ordered it back in beginning of January. I doubt you can get any kind of a discount for it unless your dealer is really nice.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Hmm i though these bikes came from Canada..... At least thats what my dealer said bout my 800xmr. Either way they placed the order on feb 5th and it came in a few weeks later. Are different models made in different factories? Im sorry your having this issue. Talk to the dealer maybe they can throw in some goodies. I got my dealer to throw in a xt rear bumper for free just because i asked nicely lol

·
Registered
647 Posts
Not trying to rub salt in the wound but my buddy ordered a new one last Thurs and got the call that it was in yesterday. Now he has to suffer till Saturday to bring it home.

Reactions: NDsrt

·
Registered
104 Posts
My XTP was built in Quebec Canada and it took 2 months from the time I ordered it b

·
Registered
430 Posts
When I was going to get mine, I had the dealer locate one at another dealership and have it transferred to them. It was that or I was taking my business elsewhere.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Why do you have to special order an ATV? These things are all built the same, shouldn't there be warehouses full of them somewhere?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys! I tried getting one around my area. I'm from fargo,ND and there wasn't a single max xtp 1k any where when I had to order it. The salsman showed me the computer screen and it showed 3 on hand at the factory or where the hell ever they hold them. I know I'm not going to get a break on the price,but would it be wrong to ask for a good discount on a coupl accessories I have been looking at? Thanks again guys!!

·
Registered
297 Posts
Mine max took a minute to get in as well back in January. I kept getting the run around from salesman who could only tell me that he was waiting on the email from BRP. Went up the food chain got answers of when it was made and put on crate to be shipped. I expressed concern about amount of time to mgmt and received complimentary install of accessories and gift certificate for future purchases.

·
Registered
95 Posts
You should definitely be asking for some perks. Specially if it was promised on a specific day, and it didn't happen. Dealers have a crazy mark up on accessories, ie: helmets, gloves, jerseys,ETC...and can afford to, and should hook you up. As where BRP is concerned that's harder, but you could possibly score an extended warranty if your willing to write letters, emails, phone calls, and push a little.
Good luck !
Sent from my SCH-R930 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
135 Posts
Hmm i though these bikes came from Canada..... At least thats what my dealer said bout my 800xmr. Either way they placed the order on feb 5th and it came in a few weeks later. Are different models made in different factories? Im sorry your having this issue. Talk to the dealer maybe they can throw in some goodies. I got my dealer to throw in a xt rear bumper for free just because i asked nicely lol
BRP has 2 manufacturing plants in Mexico. Their propaganda states only DS racers are built in Canada. It looks like only Rotax engines are built at the southernmost Mexico plant in relation to ATVs.

Juarez, Chihuahua, Mexico | BRP USA

·
Registered
836 Posts
You're not gonna get any concessions from BP or dealer..
The only way to send a clear message that will force action or change is to cancel your order outright.
When things are moving better, reorder, or don't.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I was fed the same trash from my local dealer plus he would not budge from full retail. Found contact for dealer in Hamilton Alabama December 29 last year. Placed order for Outlander max 100 XTP-P the same day. Drove 375 miles to pick it up January 3rd for $14,799.00. You need to look around. You may need to drive long distance to get it. I decided to drive 6 hours there and back instead of waiting 6-8 weeks.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I'd ask for the first service free. I managed to squeeze this out of my dealer after being hassled around for 3 weeks.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I got my dealer to throw in a helmet and an oil filter for my first service because they allegedly couldn't do anything on the price of my 500 because they had to get it from another dealer.. I d threaten to cancel the order and see where that gets you.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Was it an XTP? From my understanding it's just the XTPs that are very hard to get ahold of.
No I ordered the 1000 xt. I asked for a price on both and my dealer said he had to check to see if there was an XTP available. He called back with a price for it so I assume he found one.

·
Registered
23 Posts
mine showed up with bunch of crate damage so had to deal with that for 2 weeks of waiting while they ordered new parts and stuff. I couldn't even get any discount on accessories or 10 hour service :( and i still hadn't technically bought the bike yet and they wouldn't budge an inch on the price of the bike when i said i was unhappy and wanted money off due to a damaged quad that i hadn't even received yet lol. I guess just depends on the dealer

1 - 20 of 23 Posts