Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have about 8k to spend, and i found this commander: 2012 Can am Commander 1000xt
It has 700 hours and 5k miles. Im not sure whats considered a lot for one of these machines. Im pretty sure i can get the guy down to 7k. He said it needs front brake pads, tie rod ends, and a rear u joint, he has the tie rods and u joints and they come with it.

I would love thoughts here. I want something i can take on the trails but that can also reasonably serve me with camping and other things like that. I dont want something thats likely to leave me stranded.

alternatively there is a maverick that i can maybe stretch my budget for: 2014 Can Am Maverick xxc

·
Registered
2016 Can-Am Outlander Max XT 650
346 Posts
Hi all,

I have about 8k to spend, and i found this commander: 2012 Can am Commander 1000xt
It has 700 hours and 5k miles. Im not sure whats considered a lot for one of these machines. Im pretty sure i can get the guy down to 7k. He said it needs front brake pads, tie rod ends, and a rear u joint, he has the tie rods and u joints and they come with it.

I would love thoughts here. I want something i can take on the trails but that can also reasonably serve me with camping and other things like that. I dont want something thats likely to leave me stranded.

alternatively there is a maverick that i can maybe stretch my budget for: 2014 Can Am Maverick xxc
Unless you have all the service records of the machine, and you can take a mechanic with you to inspect it, you're really getting into "unknown" territory unless you are handy yourself and can work on your own machine.

I have 6,500 miles/415 hours on my ATV and the engine is still solid. I only had to change the chain tensioners and valve covers and gaskets. The rest are wear and tear items.

Can-am products will last long if well maintained all throughout.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts