Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to track down a coolant leak....

2017 can am outlander 850 XT around 1009 miles still under warranty. Might end up having them find and fix it.

Weep hole had some in it too. Think it’s the housing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So, I started it and reved it after warming up. 4 Fan cycles and nothing. Weep hole had a little more in it.... wth???

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
that bleed screw just left of the hose in the first picture is likely it. They have a tendancy to leak over time just carefully tighten it up without stripping threads

The top one in the center? Yeah lol tightening into plastic, good times! I’ll check it. Thank you

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was a bit lose, snugged it up. Hope that was it. Thanks!

·
Registered
851 Posts
My bleeder screws were both really loose. Just tighten a bit and done

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pretty sure that was it. Checked again and 0 drops. Nothing wet. What kind of coolant do these bad boys take, anyone know off hand? I’ll check my manual otherwise.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Pretty sure that was it. Checked again and 0 drops. Nothing wet. What kind of coolant do these bad boys take, anyone know off hand? I’ll check my manual otherwise.

reg coolant, I used regular prestone that I diluted to 50%. It's cheaper to buy a jug of prestone and a jug of distilled water vs buying 2 bottles of 50% premix.... paying for water.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, I always buy non pre mixed and mix my own with distilled water.

BRP wants $15 for a quart lol 779150

·
Registered
851 Posts
Yeah whatever brand you prefer, its just coolant honestly, dont buy the brp brand...

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
went and checked the wheeler again. No more drips!! That had to be it.

I put the right hand side all back together just to pull the left hand side apart now. Going to be putting on the under side exhaust shields. Got the larger part in place, but need more hardware. And I haven't been able to figure out where the smaller part goes...

Anyway, thank you very much for the assistance! I'll have to check the other bleeder screw too.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Checked the other jacket, yup leaking. Wtf. Tightened.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Anybody else have theirs leak in cold weather?

·
Premium Member
3,043 Posts
I think every outlander I ever had leaked there at some point. Mixing coolants can be bad apparently. I use the orangish "turbo power??" long life stuff that heavy truck places sell. Similar to the cat stuff im guessing. Crappy tire has a version of it I think. Both made by reochem. princess auto too.

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
I think My coolant is orange and it looks like yours is too. So that’s regular Prestone? I thought regular Prestone was green? And you can’t mix colors right?

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah I don’t mix colors. I’ll top off the radiator when I get some coolant. Crazy both were leaking. A little over 1k miles on my machine now.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
I’ve been using Dodge/Chrysler orange AF in my Can Ams....did a bunch of reading a few years back and came up with that this was close if not the same. No issues.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts