Can-Am ATV Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just curious if anyone has rode on these trails. Been watching some vids on YouTube ad it looks like it would be a fun ride. Plus it's only bout 2hrs away from home. Thanks for any info on these trails.

· Registered
820 Posts
Yep, basically all mud and water holes. Some will devour your bike. Fairly technical riding getting in and out of holes. If you like that type of riding it is worth a visit for sure. BUT, you need to be careful about where you unload as it is not in the best part of town. Probably best place is off Covington pike and 240, bout 500 ft off of 240 going northeast on Covington Pike. Pull off on right side down the hill. Then ride back under Covington Pike and start exploring

· Registered
375 Posts
Yep, basically all mud and water holes. Some will devour your bike. Fairly technical riding getting in and out of holes. If you like that type of riding it is worth a visit for sure. BUT, you need to be careful about where you unload as it is not in the best part of town. Probably best place is off Covington pike and 240, bout 500 ft off of 240 going northeast on Covington Pike. Pull off on right side down the hill. Then ride back under Covington Pike and start exploring
Agreed^^^

I ride down there whenever I get the chance. You will be hard pressed to find a more technical place to ride. Alot of the trails are chewed up and it is a challenge getting around or through!! But, I love it!! Plenty of deep water, and the further you go west the better the trails get, if you are not into the technical side of riding. Another plus is, the interstate is always nearby, so if you run into trouble or need to leave quickly, you can easily ride the side of the interstate back to the truck. Hit me up if you ever wanna go, Ill show ya around!! :th_smiliebanana2:

· Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input guys! I live in Savannah (bout 2hrs away) and I have a good friend that lives close enuf that he said we could unload at his house and ride there. I work shift work and I'm coming up on some long hrs... My next wknd off is gonna be sometime in May. We need to catch up with y'all and maybe y'all can show us around. We r all about the technical ride, but I am the only one set up for deeper stuff.

· Registered
375 Posts
Thanks for the input guys! I live in Savannah (bout 2hrs away) and I have a good friend that lives close enuf that he said we could unload at his house and ride there. I work shift work and I'm coming up on some long hrs... My next wknd off is gonna be sometime in May. We need to catch up with y'all and maybe y'all can show us around. We r all about the technical ride, but I am the only one set up for deeper stuff.
Man, I hear ya on the shift work and long hours!! I have had about 6 nights off since the first of the year, and probably still looking at about 2 more weeks of it!! Man, its getting old. But hit me up when yall are ready.

· Registered
820 Posts
Dont really need to be set up for the deep stuff, not really a problem, can easily go around those usually. I rode a rancher 420 all around with no problem last year. I love riding at the creek up at Pickwick and along the power lines. Awesome rides. You ever ride there?

· Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@Smoke, I will for sure PM you in plenty of time to get a ride set up one wknd! @Go, takes me bout 15min to get to Dry Creek. We ride there ever chance we get. I just got my son a KTM50 and he is wearing me out to go! Gonna ride up there next Sunday. I've got to work this wknd or we would be up there then. If you would like to hit Covington pike, I will PM you as well.

· Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Btw, Dry Creek has been taken over by Tenn. wildlife resource agency... They told us last year as long as we "didn't act a fool" they wouldn't say anything... I never heard of them writing a ticket... I have heard that it would be different this year tho. We've been up there a couple time already and I haven't seen any wardens but who knows what they will do later on in the summer!

· Registered
820 Posts
I heard the same thing about Dry Creek last year but had no problems the two times we went. Had a great time, hills, creeks, some mud, and a lake to boot.

· Registered
375 Posts
I am going to ride the Pike saturday into saturday night. Hit me up if ya wanna meet!!

· Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wish I could Smoke! Workin 16hr shifts all wknd! I will for sure hit you up in a month or so!

· Registered
375 Posts
Wish I could Smoke! Workin 16hr shifts all wknd! I will for sure hit you up in a month or so!
Sounds good, I got lucky this weekend, I have Friday night off, and we are kinda slow right now @ work, so I took sat night also. :)

· Registered
8 Posts
I ran across this thread on the internet. I know it's a little over two years old, but hopefully someone will see this. Do any of you guy's still ride in the Memphis area? I moved to West Memphis, AR about 2 years ago and I have been wanting to get back into riding again. I don't really know too many places around here to ride unless you own land, and the few friends of mine that have ATV's never want to ride. They just use them for hunting. So I was just trying to find a group to ride with around here. Thanks in advance for any replies.

· Registered
652 Posts
I ran across this thread on the internet. I know it's a little over two years old, but hopefully someone will see this. Do any of you guy's still ride in the Memphis area? I moved to West Memphis, AR about 2 years ago and I have been wanting to get back into riding again. I don't really know too many places around here to ride unless you own land, and the few friends of mine that have ATV's never want to ride. They just use them for hunting. So I was just trying to find a group to ride with around here. Thanks in advance for any replies.
I'm with you bvick... I just got my outty a few months ago and I either ride on my land (not much) or with a buddy of mine on his huntin lease near Jackson, TN. I've never been to Pike, but would love to go and just don't have anybody that I know that goes. Also, since the days are getting longer I'd love to go some during the week. Don't know where to park either. I've heard of people parking at garden ridge.

· Registered
375 Posts
Im a regular down there. Know it like the back of my hand. Itll be May before I can get back down there due to work and vacation. But Im more than willing to show yall around!!

· Registered
652 Posts
Im a regular down there. Know it like the back of my hand. Itll be May before I can get back down there due to work and vacation. But Im more than willing to show yall around!!
You ready yet smoke660?

· Registered
375 Posts
You ready yet smoke660?
Im ready. Prolly doing a night ride this Saturday night. Itll be a late start though. Next week Im off to Texas for Mudd Jam 5 at River Run, but the weekend of May 10th and 11th Im off. Lemme know.
BTW, If any of yall are on Facebook, look up the Covington Pike Mud Slingers page and join up. Im an admin on there.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.