Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was greasing my 2012 Outlander 800 tonight and I notice a small crack on the rear differential house where the hitch mounts. It looks like a minor crack but it's still a crack. Has anybody else seen this?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
18,462 Posts
Haven't seen one yet but some of the members from France did mention rear cracks in the cracked frame thread. Warranty.

·
Premium Member
9,719 Posts

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
I'm trying to figure out how BRP will say that it was caused by "Operator Abuse", but I'm sure they will...

Keep us posted.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm trying to figure out how BRP will say that it was caused by "Operator Abuse", but I'm sure they will...

Keep us posted.
Yep, will do. I'm thinking that they will say I was abusing the hitch.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Premium Member
1,110 Posts
Why not? Was it out of warranty or what? I'm not looking forward to dealing with this after hearing horror stories about Can-am's warranty claims.
I was still under warranty, the dealer just said they wouldn't cover it.
That doesn't seem right?
The only thing I have ever had go wrong that was fixed under warranty was a sensor on my 07.

Oh, and BRP did bolt on some little braces on 2012 Rene 1000 that has a broke frame. But I wouldn't call that fixed, I would call it a shameful attempt to save BRP money.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have an appointment to take my quad it to get looked at on Wednesday...I'll keep you guys updated.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, I had my appt yesterday and the dealer took some quick pics and sent them out to BRP. Heard back from about a 1/2 hour after I left. He said he talked to a brp rep and the rep said he has seen this before and that it rarely results in failure. So, they aren't going to replace it at this point (which I didn't think they would) but they want me to keep an eye on it. The dealer is sending me the call id and documentation of the report so I have for future reference.

I asked the dealer if it cracks worse after warranty does that mean it will be covered since the problem was reported earlier? He said he didn't know for sure how it would be handled out of warranty but that is why he is sending me the documentation. I'm going to hang on to that for sure.

Honestly, this is what I expected...what I really wanted was to get it reported while it is still under warranty. A "ya, that will be covered out of warranty since you reported it now" would've been nice but I didn't get that.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts