Can-Am ATV Forum banner

crankshaft locking tool PN 529035617

1181 Views 17 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  stademock
I have not been able to locate this crankshaft locking tool in the BRP Canada parts list nor on Amazon.ca
But it seems like an easy job to make one up on my lathe using a high grade bolt. I would need the precise dimensions of the round tip that inserts in the crankshaft to proceed with the project. If anyone has this tool and would measure the diameter of the round tip for me with a .001'' caliper or micrometer I would be eternally grateful. Thanks for your help.
Font Household hardware Electric blue Art Office supplies
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2020 Can Am Defender 6x6
2,225 Posts
Yeah, sometimes I like fab'n my own tools also. Sorry I don't have the deminstions.

Reactions: Tozguy

· Registered
2020 Can Am Defender 6x6
2,225 Posts
I found this video Crank locking Location on Can Am 800, 850, &1000 - YouTube and the guy just used the clutch spreader bolt for the secondary, he turned the #2 cylinder to TDC and then he said that there was a little notch in the crank that you screwed the bolt into to hold the crank from turning. I do not have have that clutch spreader bolt, but if you do, that might give you the measurement your looking for.

When I had my outlanders I had the clutch holding tool similiar to what p_hauschild has and it was money well spend, and it wouldn't be too difficult to fab up.

Reactions: xsever
1 - 3 of 3 Posts