Can-Am ATV Forum banner

crankshaft locking tool PN 529035617

1181 Views 17 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  stademock
I have not been able to locate this crankshaft locking tool in the BRP Canada parts list nor on Amazon.ca
But it seems like an easy job to make one up on my lathe using a high grade bolt. I would need the precise dimensions of the round tip that inserts in the crankshaft to proceed with the project. If anyone has this tool and would measure the diameter of the round tip for me with a .001'' caliper or micrometer I would be eternally grateful. Thanks for your help.
Font Household hardware Electric blue Art Office supplies
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Super Moderator
2,209 Posts
What are you working on @Tozguy?

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

· Super Moderator
2,209 Posts
I already have the secondary spreader bolt and a clutch holding tool.
The objective of my request was to see if anyone could give me the dimension of the tip of the tool mentioned in the title of this thread.
I appreciate people trying to help but all I need for now is just that dimension.
The reason I was asking was because the secondary spreader tool I use has a torx bit on the end. I used it to lock the 400 at tdc on the crank. I was just gonna tell you what the thread pitch was and the diameter of the shaft where there is no threads and then you could test that and see if it works to lock your crank because I dont use that little tool. I just use my secondary tool. If you had to put it on the lathe and take it down a tick more.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts