Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I'm new to the forum and no I do not have a can am yet. I'm suppose to be going pick one up in the morning. It is a 2015 1000 xmr digital camo. I got the dealer down to $13,700(I'm in Louisiana so heads up if its cheaper near by) and before we settled he informed me of what he says is a "crate/assembly" charge of $400! I hit the brakes right there. Has anyone else experienced this? Is it common?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Hey everyone. I'm new to the forum and no I do not have a can am yet. I'm suppose to be going pick one up in the morning. It is a 2015 1000 xmr digital camo. I got the dealer down to $13,700(I'm in Louisiana so heads up if its cheaper near by) and before we settled he informed me of what he says is a "crate/assembly" charge of $400! I hit the brakes right there. Has anyone else experienced this? Is it common?
i told my dealer no crate/prep fees from the start... they will make the price of the unit lower and jack it uop with fees

·
Registered
430 Posts
DON'T!!

Wait dude. Don't get ripped off.

I'll message you my number. Get in touch with me ASAP.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I was at 13.4 plus tax on my Digital Camo unit, definitely better deals to be had out there man.

This was after one dealer tried the bait and switch on me and said I was getting a digital camo for 13 otd and when I went to pick it up it was black and yellow

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
I was 13300 otd...

·
Registered
322 Posts
Yea my dealer tried to charge the prep fees also i told them noway. Im sure they still made there money on the prep somehow but the price we agreed on b4 they mentioned prep was the price i paid.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I just negotiated an out the door price.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was at 13.4 plus tax on my Digital Camo unit, definitely better deals to be had out there man.

This was after one dealer tried the bait and switch on me and said I was getting a digital camo for 13 otd and when I went to pick it up it was black and yellow

Lol, this is my first time buying an ATV from an actual dealer. These guys seem shady as f**k. They make car salesman look like priests. Well I believe i'm just probably gonna go with black and yellow bc I can't justify $800-$1000 for the color.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts

Lol, this is my first time buying an ATV from an actual dealer. These guys seem shady as f**k. They make car salesman look like priests. Well I believe i'm just probably gonna go with black and yellow bc I can't justify $800-$1000 for the color.
Love my black and yellow!!!...That's classic Can-Am colors!!!...It is and will be a head turner!!!

·
Registered
2,770 Posts

Contact Motorsports Superstore in Hamilton, AL ask for Greg (he is the sales manager)..Good guys and good service department....They will deliver to you...That where I got mine...

·
Registered
297 Posts
You do have to treat like a car deal

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I made a deal and got my black and yellow 1000 xmr yesterday. Badass is all I can say. Siascorch, found me the deal even went with me and showed me everything about it. Can't say enough about the guy bc honestly I'm very green on can am's.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Congrats!

·
Registered
932 Posts
That's pretty cool of Siascorch to offer and come with you. I hope you bought him lunch and a beer.
This forum shows community and the vast majority are here to help.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I picked mine up 3 weeks ago for 13500.00 out the door; Manta green, brp heated grips and thumb warmer, and 3 year extended warranty. Plus after I bought my max seat for 450 shipped.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts