Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Clipped something in the trail today and was sent off the trail into a tree.. doh!
Bent the LH lower control arm, breaking it by the time I could limp a few miles out to a trailhead to meet a trailer back..

im going to try to look more tomorrow for any other damage.

obviously I need a new control arm, but what else? I only have about 300 miles on it. Do I need to get new bushings, or can I reuse what I have, as long as it look ok?

thanks for any advice!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oh, and recommendations on whereto order parts?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Wow! Must have been one hell of a impact. I'd pull it all apart and evaluate everything then.

Are you prone to these kinds of accidents? I am skeptical to buying pricey heavier duty parts. 1) They only last longer while everything else breaks, and 2) quite a bit more expensive to only revisit #1. Me, personally, slow down, save your skin, keep the machine running and less pain to the savings account.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's the crazy thing, I was going pretty slow when this happened!
No, not really prone though, this was the first issue I've had. I agree about the heavy duty parts though

·
Premium Member
2020 Can Am Outlander XMR 1000r Max
204 Posts
Me being a fabricator/welder, I would just bend it back in place and weld it. Strange things can happen when out playing.. and those pesky trees like to jump out in the way when you are unaware! Hope you didn't get any bruises.

·
Registered
2015 Outlander XMR 650
3,220 Posts
A arms are sacrificial. Get new ones.
As many owners out there that are upgrading their lowers for forward/arched arms, I'd have to think some OEM takeoffs couldn't be that difficult to come by....

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
As many owners out there that are upgrading their lowers for forward/arched arms, I'd have to think some OEM takeoffs couldn't be that difficult to come by....
Good thinking, thanks. Put a post up in the Want to Buy forum. we'll see if anything comes up!

Think that I'll go ahead and add a skid plate set to my shopping list to help prevent this the next time around..

·
Registered
2015 Outlander XMR 650
3,220 Posts
I'm the last guy to recommend space book for anything, but in this instance, the marketplace may bear fruit. Our classifieds section here resembles a morgue, lol

Reactions: Freewill
1 - 12 of 12 Posts