Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow riders, im new to this site ( as a registered member anyways).
I own a 2008 Can-Am Renegade and when i bought it, it already had the wild boar radiator relocating set-up. My wife is not fond of it so much she is willing to have me cut the design out and attach expanded metal to the inside of it. I, on the other hand would rather have a piece of metal cut with a unique design and mount it on top of the already existing kit with spacers. If i were to go my route i was thinking of adding an extra fan between the two plates to help push air through the radiator and adding flanges on the edges of the whole kit to help force air in. We honestly are just tired of the boar hog, everybody has it! You can buy cool kits but Being its a renegade you have to buy the whole bumber, wich is $$$!!!

My question is..... would it be a waste of time and money to add the plate and the extra fan, should i go with the expanded metal or just leave it alone?

Any and all opinions are much appreciated!!!!!

Thank,
Chris.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Hey Chris, I think in your situation, I might take the wild boar cover/frame off your ride, that is presently there, and bring it to a metal fabricator in your area, and just have them make another using yours as a template, and then you can get something different carved/cut into it then the wild boar. Just a thought.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Check with rubberdown customs maybe they can help. Really nice people to deal with

Reactions: Dirtpoor87

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah i emailed rubber down customs but they will only do bumper and plate combined. Im not bad mouthing them though, they did respond back to me. Im just cheap.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Thats not a bad idea. I will look into that.
Thanks TNRon for your post.
No problem, if you were closer to me, I have several friends that own shops around in my town. We could'ove gotten one of them to make you one for hardly nothing at all. Then what I would do is find whatever you want cut out in it, and draw it on there and then cut it out yourself,... drills, dremels, and metal cutting jig saw would accomplish that easily enough.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Hello fellow riders, im new to this site ( as a registered member anyways).
I own a 2008 Can-Am Renegade and when i bought it, it already had the wild boar radiator relocating set-up. My wife is not fond of it so much she is willing to have me cut the design out and attach expanded metal to the inside of it. I, on the other hand would rather have a piece of metal cut with a unique design and mount it on top of the already existing kit with spacers. If i were to go my route i was thinking of adding an extra fan between the two plates to help push air through the radiator and adding flanges on the edges of the whole kit to help force air in. We honestly are just tired of the boar hog, everybody has it! You can buy cool kits but Being its a renegade you have to buy the whole bumber, wich is $$$!!!
My question is..... would it be a waste of time and money to add the plate and the extra fan, should i go with the expanded metal or just leave it alone? any and all opinions are much appreciated!!!!!

Thank,
Chris.

The big disadvantage to the relocated brad is the angle that the brad sets. You have to be moving faster to get the air to move through to keep the brad cool. Then the plate on the top does not help. With this brad set up you need to run the fan controller to keep the system cool. As far as duel fans this would add to the electrical load. But I do know that some of us that have water cooling for the desk top computers for cooling the CPU run duel fans. One before the brad and one after the brad. One to pull and the other pushes the air through the brad.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts