Can-Am ATV Forum banner

Cv boot help or recommendations

860 Views 5 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  Duece
Hello, I have a 2022 Can-Am outlander. I bought it brand new and have replaced the front axles twice and the rear axles once due to boots getting torn. I have skid plates somewhat protecting them, but I drive through some pretty rough stuff. Is there any kind of heavy duty boots that will hold up any better than the stock ones
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Super Moderator
2016 Outlander Max XT 650
2,112 Posts
Hello, I have a 2022 Can-Am outlander. I bought it brand new and have replaced the front axles twice and the rear axles once due to boots getting torn. I have skid plates somewhat protecting them, but I drive through some pretty rough stuff. Is there any kind of heavy duty boots that will hold up any better than the stock ones
Not really. Our experience here tells us that the OEM boots are the best and most durable ones. What is "pretty rought stuff" ripping the boots? Wooden sticks, rocks, ice?

· Registered
105 Posts
Is there any kind of heavy duty boots that will hold up any better than the stock ones
I used to go through boots often on all my machines. Straight in punctures from sticks. Guards never worked as they trapped too much debris (leaves, small sticks) which trapped mud then froze which added more problems. I now run with no guards at all and installed SealSavers. They protect best from the actual puncture threat. I haven't had any issues in two years. Tough to install with the wheels installed and easiest when the axle is removed but doable with just the wheel removed. (I got install one of them when I had the axle out changing the boot due to a puncture.) I was concerned that they would get ripped off in the shit I ride through, especially after freezing overnight, but no issues yet.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not really. Our experience here tells us that the OEM boots are the best and most durable ones. What is "pretty rought stuff" ripping the boots? Wooden sticks, rocks, ice?
I apologize took so long I had problems logging in last couple days, but I would say sticks. I am constantly making new trails running over small trees, shrubs, and.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I used to go through boots often on all my machines. Straight in punctures from sticks. Guards never worked as they trapped too much debris (leaves, small sticks) which trapped mud then froze which added more problems. I now run with no guards at all and installed SealSavers. They protect best from the actual puncture threat. I haven't had any issues in two years. Tough to install with the wheels installed and easiest when the axle is removed but doable with just the wheel removed. (I got install one of them when I had the axle out changing the boot due to a puncture.) I was concerned that they would get ripped off in the shit I ride through, especially after freezing overnight, but no issues yet.
Yea man that’s what’s up. This is what I needed! Much appreciated. I am ordering these right now

1 - 6 of 6 Posts