Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guy, just bought a 2014 outlander 1000 xt and was wondering if everyone else has noisy CVT's? I had a Grizz 700 before( which was a great machine). Anyways, the quad has about 70 km on it and the CVT is very noisy. There is also a whining noise that gets faster when you accelerate and goes away when you let off the throttle. It might be that i'm used to my old quad but this outlander is very noisy. You can hear the whining over the exhaust( stock). Anyone have the same thing going on or should I be looking at some things?

Cheers

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
I'm pretty sure every stock Can Am clutch whines. Sucks, doesn't it. You almost need earplugs at certain RPMs. I'm told it's the secondary clutch.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Same here, I to came off a Yamaha and had the same concerns but the noises are normal it's just the design a couple of whacks of the throttle and you forget all about the Yamaha. LOL!

·
Registered
187 Posts
I too have a noisy CVT clutch, belt, - what ever on my 2014, What a PITA annoyance. Such a nice machine, comfortable, great power, handling, but the Whine (sounds like me right now!) Is just too much.

What is thew best way to quite the whining, new clutches? new belt?

Thanks for listening to my Whining :)

·
Registered
827 Posts
QSC primary I have been told is much smoother and quieter. I do believe the majority of the whine is coming from the secondary though.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for your input guys. I was checking the diff oils because I thought it sounded like a pinion bearing or something was worn already. Guess ill have to buy a pipe to make the exhaust louder :p.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts