Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so, why does the 800 and 1000 come with a CVT pre-filter and anything under an 800 does not. My cousin just bought a 2015 650XT and doesn't have a CVT pre-filter which we called the dealer to see if they forgot to put it on and they said anything under and 800 doesn't come with one. My 800 and 1000 both have them. Also the set up on my 2012 is different than my 15. The 12 has just a cloth filter over the CVT, my 15 has a plastic cone with a screen. The pre-filter for the 2012 is like $7.99 but to retro-fit a new 15 with the mount plate, the base, the cone filter and the screws is like $70.00.

I don't see how a 650 and lower has any less of a chance of sucking crap in to the CVT. I mean I cleaned mine off all the time even after riding in a field with tall grass all the seeds would be stuck to it. MY 15 with 80 miles on it already has stuff stuck to the filter. SO???

Why do they do this anyone no lol?

·
Registered
153 Posts
I don't know but the design is cheap as hell. My 2013 rene already has a rip in it and I never touched it. I have 22 hrs on t he machine.

·
Registered
49 Posts
The filter on my new 13 was poorly constructed. One side of the filter material wasn't attached to the housing. I thought about sending it back, but 2 minutes with the hot glue gun was all it took.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Looked like a good idea so when I picked my Outlander up- I bought one.
Kinda surprised as how much "fluff" it stops from getting sucked in.
N

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
I bought an aftermarket pre filter to replace mine and it works a million times better. The small stock filter plugs in an instant if I drive in long grass, because the "fluff" plugs it right away.
I bought a pre filter from Outerwears company that it 5 times bigger and it shakes as I ride and all the loose fluff shakes off and this thing has 20 times the surface area to breathe, so it does;t block the airflow if its a little dirty! :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts