Can-Am ATV Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys ill try to keep this short and not get to long winded lol!! I purchased a 2014 1000xt camo and would like to put my cvtech clutch on it.The clutch was from a 2012 650 outlander max xt part# 0900-0034 (complete clutch) for 650 only!!. The clutch needed according to cvtech is 0900-0075 (complete clutch) for 800/1000 motor. The only difference between the 2 clutches is the fixed/or inner sheave. I was told this from cvtech and it is common knowledge in there catalog.The cvtech guy on the phone told me do not !!! run the 650 clutch on the 1000 that I would destroy the clutch.Makes sense to me being a more powerful engine. The movable or sliding sheave is the same (weights and spring are obviously calibrated for each size motor). The 650 inner sheave part # is 0905-0003 and the 800/1000 inner sheave part# is 0905-0030. I purchased the "correct" sheave as told from cvtech. I have both sheaves side by side and that look identical!! I believe they are same the only difference I see is the weight on the back side of the sheave on the 650 sheave has a few more holes drilled into it making it weigh slightly less this would have no effect on the durablity of the clutch.Can the cvtech experts please tell me the difference if any??? I only thing I can think of is the metal of the center shaft is a different type but I highly doubt it.I have no problem paying for the part if it is indeed different but if its just smoke and mirrors from the cvtech ill send it back and use my 650 clutch and just re-calbrate it. Thxs for your help guys

1 - 1 of 1 Posts