Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Sweet!! Now maybe theyll finally answer an email I send them. I cant get an answer out of them about clutching for my bike. But anyways WELCOME DALTON!!

·
Vendor
212 Posts
A vendor forum is new for us and we will try to get in here when possible .
The best way to get in touch with us is always via email to [email protected]

madpccs?..I certainly appoligize if your email has not been returned?. We answer ALL emails all day(and sometime evening)everyday and would have no reason not to return email to you. I DO know that we sometimes get email....and when we reply it bounces back and says things like"remote server has rejected your email" ...possibly something like that has happened. When that happens there is nothing that I know of that we can do. It does not happen very often.

We usually prefer email to that adress,as we can return the email from any location or computer. Also email is sort of immune to our ATLANTIC TIME ZONE,which is one hour later than eastern. Sometimes we can do email later in the day or evening.

easy way to contact us is to go to www.daltonindustries.com and click "contact us" (same email,but maybe easier to remember).

Or you could phone us a 902-897-3333.

·
Premium Member
18,462 Posts
Cool stuff. Have your clutch kit in my 09 Outy Max works great, 28" Backs, Dalton Green and weights no rivets. Not really a clutch tuner but works awesome as per the directions included with the kit. Have the kits stayed the same over time (800 kit is an 800 kit) or is there ever an upgrade over time? OR changes could be made to the base line kit when we make performance mods to our bikes (motor work). Does snorkelling our CVT intake and exhaust create any clutch changes that may have an effect on the directions included with the clutch kits?

·
Vendor
212 Posts
Great to hear!

Instructions in the kit are still accurate and you have all that is needed. There are however a few new options if you decide to go even bigger on your tires...you are sort of on the edge of the need if you are more into serious sticky mud than occasional mud and mostly trail.

The new Secondary spring is the DPSS-Y/B (yellow/black). For the guys with the big mud applications. If into the heavy stuff adding this spring is a nice gain,.

For your particular application - 28 backs or 29-30" trail type mix tires(I'm not far from you,so I have a good idea of your mix of riding) If you like to tinker,you may want to experiment with adding that yellow/black and installing the aluminum rivet into the flyweights and just leave the stock helix...OR.if you were to go to the 650 helix and experiment,I'd leave the stock secondary for your application to go with that helix. ...I'd still add the aluminum rivet.

Those two set ups are common for a similar application,...but act and respond differently.The set up using stock sec spring and 650 helix is more revvy in midrange trail use....one way is not better than the other,just different,and ten different riders will give you ten different answers.

Guys with 29.5 and bigger for serious mud applications often add the yellow/black,..AND the can am 650 helix ...and add the 2.4 gram hollow steel rivets to the weights as they are typically only using low range. For the outlaw and silverback riders that frequent sticky mud pits as their favorite pass time,this is a great set up.
However,
Some of these heavy mud calibrations can sometimes start to hinder efficiency at top end if you are a trail/road runner,and speed is critical to you. There is some judgement that needs to be made on your application yourself as all are not the same.

One thing we DO often hear is that some people will install a 650 helix into a bike that doesn't need it(say 27's for typical trail use)...and complain that the bike is just revving and going nowhere and harder on fuel and losing drags...they remove the helix and resume their trail riding happy that it is out of there. They only had put it in there because someone on the net posted nice gains(probably someone with 29.5's in sticky mud use) ....but they didn't understand that one persons gain could be their loss. They simply didn't read the whole thing ,or were unfamiliar and didn't realize the implications. Our clutch kit,the way it comes is fully adjustable and the best starting point in our opinion...we now have some case specific add ons that may help certain applications,..but for sure read our site first and see if it applies to you.

We also have some optional primary springs that engage both lower (tan) and higher(yellow/red), than the green /yellow primary that comes in the kit.

Any of our new add on components are listed here and have more description:
Dalton Industries, Ltd. - ATV Products CANAM/BRP

Hope all this helps

·
Registered
561 Posts
PM sent

·
Premium Member
18,462 Posts
Hmmmm points to ponder, thanks helix. So if I was going to run it with my set up in a pit race (Miramichi, couple weeks) that is not thick mud but more a thin mud water mix, would you recommend the aluminum rivets installed, I would leave the green spring and my helix.

·
Vendor
212 Posts
Hmmmm points to ponder, thanks helix. So if I was going to run it with my set up in a pit race (Miramichi, couple weeks) that is not thick mud but more a thin mud water mix, would you recommend the aluminum rivets installed, I would leave the green spring and my helix.
If you were going to add the yellow /black secondary spring ,I'd add the aluminum rivets.

·
Premium Member
18,462 Posts
PM to ya helix.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I ride a mixture of mud and trail riding. Sometimes deep muddy ruts, sometimes playing in a washout. I don't want to sacrifice top speed and would like to be able to use high range as well as low. Too much to ask for?

·
Premium Member
18,462 Posts
Try my set up without the aluminum rivets in the Dalton arms since you have no slip on muffler to free the revs up a little. If it revs to high put the aluminum rivets in and try it. You can use high range on solid ground without issue but as SOON as you get into junk ya gotta go to low. The helix mod shouldn't lose you top end, will just take longer to get there you will not notice the difference unless you are drag racing on solid ground.

·
Vendor
212 Posts
down2ride.
You may want to add the yellow/black sec spring for the 30" tires,and since it is a renegade model with less flyweight mass you will probably want to add a bit of rivet weight.

Shoot me an email(I definately prefer email to pm's) or give me a call if you want to discuss exactly what you do,etc.

I'll be posting soon the details on the new DaltonPro Mudrunner kit. This kit will contain the yellow/black secondary spring and more rivets,...along with detailed set up instuctions for 28" and bigger mud specific tires.

Set up instructions for use both with and without the 650 helix,etc

1 - 13 of 13 Posts