Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im going to invest in a dalton clutch kit for my 1000. When installing the new arms do I add the weights they supply or leave them out when running 28" mud tires?

·
Registered
170 Posts
The directions they pack with the weights are VERY thorough for the specifics on altitude and tire size/usage, I'll be selling my kit here in the next few days I decided to go with a new primary instead.

·
Vendor
1,338 Posts
I can set you up with a set of my custom adjustable weights. Which are more adjustable than the dalton and more effective as well. Plus mine cost less. 200.00

Can the dalton reuse their adjusters? Mine can reuse any fastener I give you hundreds of times. dalton uses crush in rivets, 1 use only and then drill them out

Can the dalton adjust base and tip? Mine can, also from both sides. Dalton only rivets the tip.

Also. Can you adjust the daltons + or - 9 grams 34-43 and any mass inbetween? Guess who's can.

Dalton kits come with nice instructions....So do mine....Here's the difference!!! My weights I take in my own hands and set up the adjustments for you before I ship them. Really, who wants to read instructions and guess how to set it up right anyway??

My weights pictured above

Dalton weights pictured below. Which are more adjustable??

John

·
Registered
170 Posts
Dalton Industries, Ltd. - ATV Products CANAM/BRP
It's the DBO 1000 R Kit. I'll probably sell it for $150, ran me $215 from an ebay store. I've pulled the instructions out of the box other then that haven't touched them.

John sounds like a helluva deal though, I'm sure I can find someone interested.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Vforcejohn would your kit work on a 1000 max with 29.5 outlaw 2's? What about a secondary spring? Is that also in the kit?
I can attest that Yes it works and you will notice the difference. With the kit in my 1000 Max, I could pull the fronts and worked fine with the stock secondary spring. I moved the kit from my 1000 to my 800 and it will do full wheel stands with a 27" tire.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
VFORCEJOHN once I get my hands on a lump sum of cash ill be giving you a call to place my order for a programmer and clutch kit. The adjustibilty on your kit is crazy. By using your kit does it rob top end? I am no hard core mudder by any means so I will be going back to stock in the dryer months.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts