Can-Am ATV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a question about the tip over angle on the defender 6x6. When I first got my 6x6 I recall there was an attached notice on the machine that said something about the max side angle, but for the life of me I can't recall exactly what it said (thought it said something like 34 degrees) does anybody know?

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, it doesn't look like anyone has an answer. I have been researching on-line for a while since I first posted this, using different search terms with no good results until now and while I did not find anything specific about my Defender 6x6, I did find this article What Is the UTV Lateral Stability Rating? - ATV.com which explains the notice requirement that every UTV must meet at least 33 degrees of lateral tilt before two-wheel lift, so I know it is at least that.

Reactions: Tozguy

·
Registered
2017 Defender HD8
414 Posts
I don’t like that sensation, so I chicken out at around 25! Lol

I bought one of these and mounted right above rear view mirror. Keeps me in my comfort zone.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't know where my chicken out factor is yet, but pretty sure it is under 25 (really hate side hilling), the reason I was interested in the book assessment of the limit was because I recently took my last iphone and downloaded an inclinometer app to it and simi-permanently attached it to the dash. This free verson has an audio alarm set for 30 degrees, depending on what the max degrees was I could get the paid version which allows you to set the alarm to whatever degrees you want. As it is, I think I am good with the 30 degree alarm.

Attachments

·
Registered
2018 Outlander 6x6
182 Posts
I've wanted to figure out a way to test what my tip over angle was with me in my bike just to get a better feel for it. If I tie off to the top, it wouldn't be very accurate. I think I would need the suspension flex too.... Anyone mess around with it?

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've wanted to figure out a way to test what my tip over angle was with me in my bike just to get a better feel for it. If I tie off to the top, it wouldn't be very accurate. I think I would need the suspension flex too.... Anyone mess around with it?
I had thought about doing the same thing, but with that article I think I've got a good enough answer for now. I do plan and stopping at the dealership if I see they have a new Defender 6x6 in so I can check out that required notice and see what the exact number is.

I would think that the numbers should be better on the 6x6's due to the added low end weight of the extra wheels, axles & diff.

·
Super Moderator
2015 Outlander XMR 650
5,622 Posts
LOL

I just had visions of a couple of tractors with your buddies at the controls, and well-padded buckets, split one on each side of your rig, with you in the seat.

Drivers side picks up until passenger side catches, and vice-versa. You'll either get to know your tipover angles, or you'll hurl all over the interior :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
2021 Defender XT 6x6
11 Posts
Got a question about the tip over angle on the defender 6x6. When I first got my 6x6 I recall there was an attached notice on the machine that said something about the max side angle, but for the life of me I can't recall exactly what it said (thought it said something like 34 degrees) does anybody know?
Tag on my '21 6x6 Defender says Tilt Table Test Result = 39.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts