Can-Am ATV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a deposit on a 2023 Defender Max Lone Star Cab and I was wondering what are the must have options? I plan to ride trails in Utah with a lot of rocks. I imagine a steel skid pan a must? Others? Thanks!

·
Registered
89 Posts
I am getting the 2023 Max Limited. I was talking to my dealer yesterday about rock sliders and I guess this relates to your question about a belly pan. They told me very few of their customers here in Wyoming put them on because how often will you be doing serious rock crawling in a Defender Max? I tend to agree with them and will not do that on mine.
What I am going to put on mine are:
1. Side mirrors on both sides
2. Street legal kit (turn signals and horn)
3. 15 inch light bar on front bumper
4. Replace headlight bulbs with Beamtech LED bulbs
5. Rifle holder kit from Snider Motorsports (bolts right on to the underneath side of the middle seat)

That is all I plan to do initially.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
89 Posts
I had a plow on my Outlander Max Limited ATV and really liked it but since I have a snow blower, I thought I would just use it this time around.
I think you will really like having a plow on the Defender if you have the space to maneuver it around. The 4 door is definitely a big machine.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2022 Can-am Defender Lonestar HD10
5 Posts
I would also have them address any TSB's on the front diff before you take delivery. I have a 2022 Defender Max Lonestar with probably 165 miles of neighborhood riding (literally has not been in mud once...) and the front diff sounds like I race the bike in mud races 3 nights a week full of liquid courage! Can-Am is aware and has a TSB on it... just a pain in the ass to deal with after the fact. And I'm waiting on the dealer to confirm they have the parts.. i'm on week two of waiting.

·
Vendor
355 Posts
For a skid plate, you'll want 1/2" UHMW. You can beat the crap out of them, and they will always be smooth over rocks. Aluminum skids get bent up and ripped off. UHMW is much better.
Here's ours: https://www.superatv.com/can-am-defender-full-skid-plates

I'd also recommend a winch and winch mount with synthetic rope.

You can make it street legal in Utah, so check out the basic requirements for that. You would need a turn signal kit and license plate holder if you want to ride on the roads.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts