Can-Am ATV Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have drove a defender xt Cab HD 10 for the last year. It has a lot of cool features to it. The bad thing is it didn't make it a full year. I've had nothing but problems. I've had to rebuild the motor replaced the clutches. Plus tons of other stuff. I paid 25k for the machine in 1 year I had to put over 6k into it. I would say it lacks on power, the dust coming into the cab is horrible. Worst purchase I've ever made. I'm just being honest please don't ban me.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Do you have any pictures and receipts of repairs in this machine? All you do is get on here, whine then say, "please don't ban me." I'm really starting to wonder if you are just a polaris troll.

Sent from my S60 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No I don't whine. This machine is not a good investment. I bought one. I know a dozen other guys that bought them all of us have had nothing but problems, and can am will do nothing. I'm just simply letting people know my experience with the one I bought. I'll post receipts tomorrow

Attachments

·
Registered
87 Posts
Curious why you rebuilt the motor. Was it the top end or bottom (bearings, rings/pistons, rotating assembly?). Also, what was wrong with the clutch. Details..

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
How about mileage pics? Also didn't you say that it had 8000 miles? How is your exhaust still shiny? He said on a different post that it sucked in dirt.

Sent from my S60 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dirt had went through all of the motor, and clutches. The air intake clutch intake are faulty. I have videos I've taken to prove this.

·
Registered
2017 Defender HD8
362 Posts
Sorry to hear of your issues.

Did they mention why the air intake failed? Faulty part or a design flaw?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They won't recognize that it's a faulty system. Even though most all other machines and companies have changed from this type of system. The placement of the air intake clutch intake are both in horrible places

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Update. I took my defender out for a little ride 2 days ago, my motor started cutting out. Its acting just like before. When I took it in and the motor was bad I haven't put 300 miles on the rebuilt motor. As soon as I get the info from the dealer I will update you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm new here, I am looking now to buy A 2020 DEFENDER PRO XT10 MAINLY CUZ OF THE HUGE BOX ON IT FOR RANCH PURPOSES BUT READING THE problems about the dust scares me. I hav dust mammy! Anyway I hav a 2012 4500 mile RZR Xp900 That I'm having terrible problems with Polaris rebuilding engine and bearing codes that impossible to remedy, want to make a change from that brand. I thought Can Am sure had good rep so why not try them. I know of no other brand with big a box as that except Mahindra and that scares me. Any thoughts???

·
Registered
4 Posts
Don’t listen to this Guy, these machines are built on the name of ruggedness and Quaility. There is a guy on this site that has put on 20,000 miles and says it’s still running strong. Maybe buddy has a lemon. But you hardly ever hear of issues.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I agree... I hang out at the local shop and have yet to see one in for repairs... gotta be more to the story than what we are being told

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm new here, I am looking now to buy A 2020 DEFENDER PRO XT10 MAINLY CUZ OF THE HUGE BOX ON IT FOR RANCH PURPOSES BUT READING THE problems about the dust scares me. I hav dust mammy! Anyway I hav a 2012 4500 mile RZR Xp900 That I'm having terrible problems with Polaris rebuilding engine and bearing codes that impossible to remedy, want to make a change from that brand. I thought Can Am sure had good rep so why not try them. I know of no other brand with big a box as that except Mahindra and that scares me. Any thoughts???
I have a 2017 can am defender that I use for guiding and on my farm, as of today I have 11,789 miles on it. its been a great machine, all I do is keep the oil changed. I had a Polaris ranger before this one, was descent but started giving me problems. Dealer wasn’t worth a shit. Which cost me a lot of money. I feel the can am is a much supior machine!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Looks like you have had a lot of problems with your defender. I had a 2019 xt hd 10 and now a 2021 limited. I havent put 8000 miles and either of them and I haven't had problems either . The 2019 does let more heat and dust in. The 2021 rides cool even with the ac off and no dust comes in. The 2021 is also quieter. No doubt they will all break down if you push them hard over rough terain

1 - 18 of 18 Posts