Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guy. Got a Problem that is going to be hard to describe. I’ve got a 19 Lonestar with 700 miles on it. I’ve got a noise in the rear end that I only hear when accelerating or decelerating. It almost ticks like a zip tie that hasn’t been trimmed tapping on something in the wind (that’s not the case, ticks at much slower speeds).

I’ve checked the belt, looked for something loose, and bounced on it. I don’t think it’s in the suspension. I’m thinking it’s in the driveline. My suspicions are a cv axle or heat shield flexing around the exhaust.

Machine is not lifted or been rode hard at all. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 Outlander XMR 650
3,220 Posts
Nothing machine-specific to offer, other than if the noise is speed-dependent, focus on those components, don't get distracted by the belt or suspension, exhaust, etc.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Spent some time on it today. Took the back glass and back seats out. Ticking is definitely coming from under the bed. Sounds like it’s on the firewall but I still can’t find it. When I’m laying in the bed (with someone else driving) with the tailgate down looking under the machine I can’t hear anything. The noise only happens when I’m going forward or backward while in gear whether it’s running or not. Does not do it in neutral. The speed of the noise does not correlate with the speed of the machine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts