Can-Am ATV Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As we all know, the dDefender has brake lights but no tail lights. Has anyone done a mod that converts the OEM brake lights into tail lights as well? Or has anyone found an after market tail light/brake light replacement?
I found a replacement on Amazon but unfortunately it did not work. They were only brake lights….
I have a Defender Max HD10. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks y’all.

·
Registered
2017 Defender HD8
362 Posts
??….I’m confused. Running(always on)tail lights w/brake lights is already on the machine.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Negative. Mine doesn’t have running lights (tail lights) when the headlights are on. It only has brake light when they are applied.
called the dealership and they told me Can Am does not put tail lights or running lights because it’s an off road vehicle.

·
Registered
2017 Defender HD8
362 Posts
They’re wrong.

Edit to add that the tail lights are on even without the headlights on.

·
Registered
2017 Defender HD8
362 Posts
So there's no confusion, I meant your dealer is wrong.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the reply’s guys. I called the dealership back and they told me I was given the wrong information. There are supposed to be tail lights (running lights) as well as brake lights. Hailed it there today and the problem was fixed. Thanks again everyone.
So there's no confusion, I meant your dealer is wrong.
Yes sir I gotcha

·
Registered
2015 Outlander XMR 650
4,788 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What'd they explain was the problem?
They said the “master connector” that runs under the center panel, under the floorboard was disconnected. Simple fix I probably could’ve done myself but my tail lights have never turned on since the day I hauled it off the lot. So I figured it probably a bad harness that needed to be replaced and would rather them do it. My Defender was brand spanking new and had to be assembled at the dealership when I bought it so it may have been overlooked then.

·
Registered
2017 Defender HD8
362 Posts
They said the “master connector” that runs under the center panel, under the floorboard was disconnected. Simple fix I probably could’ve done myself but my tail lights have never turned on since the day I hauled it off the lot. So I figured it probably a bad harness that needed to be replaced and would rather them do it. My Defender was brand spanking new and had to be assembled at the dealership when I bought it so it may have been overlooked then.
Yeah, sometimes little things get past the final inspection. I brought mine home only to have it overheat on my first extended ride while elk hunting. Pissed, I parked it a camp and went about my plans. Brought it home and started troubleshooting. Discovered the cooling fan was unplugged! Reached around the radiator, plugged it in! Trouble free 3+ years and counting. lol

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah, sometimes little things get past the final inspection. I brought mine home only to have it overheat on my first extended ride while elk hunting. Pissed, I parked it a camp and went about my plans. Brought it home and started troubleshooting. Discovered the cooling fan was unplugged! Reached around the radiator, plugged it in! Trouble free 3+ years and counting. lol
Awww nooooo not during a hunt?! Hahaha bet that was frustrating but glad it was a simple fix.

·
Registered
Outlander Max X-TP 1000T
197 Posts
I can maybe understand an unplugged cooling fan not being picked up during a PDI, but all the basics such as lights should have been checked during a simple walk around before letting it out of the door.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I can maybe understand an unplugged cooling fan not being picked up during a PDI, but all the basics such as lights should have been checked during a simple walk around before letting it out of the door.
I agree. I chewed them out a bit

·
Registered
23 Posts
If you look at the dealer pre-delivery form, (which I could never get 2 dealerships to perform, and which you are supposed to sign to be sent back to the factory) the taillights are a checked item.

Ya'll shoot straight and stay safe out there.

WW

WE ALL WANT TO BE FREE, BUT VERY FEW OF US WANT TO BE BRAVE. FOR ALL OF US TO BE FREE, A FEW MORE OF US, ESPECIALLY NOW, MUST BE BRAVE, AND THAT'S THE HISTORY OF AMERICA.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts