Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I am trying to outfit my deluxe fairing with some lights but don't want to pay the for the pricey ones from Canam. I have seen similar posts here with DIY'er's and I have a few questions. Should these lights be flood or spot? I'm considering these:

Any ideas or input?

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
I would go with the spot in that location.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Spots. The floods will be even more diffused shining through the windshield.
My windshield is getting scratched with use and age which makes the OEM spots shine all over the place.
If they hadn't come on the machine I would of mounted them on the front rack extension for a little more side angle illumination.
Of course I could just get a new windshield...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Zitremedy,

Please keep us posted on the install of these lights. I have the deluxe fairing on order (back-ordered till June) and like you, can't justify the price of the factory LEDs.

Cheers!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Zitremedy,

Please keep us posted on the install of these lights. I have the deluxe fairing on order (back-ordered till June) and like you, can't justify the price of the factory LEDs.

Cheers!
I will keep the thread updated as I move through the project. I am researching different lighting options but also the proper plugs/connectors I need to make it as near factory operation that I can. I like the functionality of the factory 3 way switch, currently researching the best way to tie it all together.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just an update...looks like the lights I was planning to buy are sold out. Probably because I posted them here lol. I'm searching for another set that may work as there are lots out there. Any recommendations would be great as its tough to tell what you are getting from ebay or amazon.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:-( Noticed they only have the 'flood' option available. Hopefully they will get more in stock.
Yup, there was a couple of Spot available but when I went back to order a couple of days after posting it was just flood left. There are lots of alternatives but these were closest to the factory ones I could find. Back into the rabbit hole!

I'll also need to figure out the proper weatherpack connectors etc. to make it as factory as possible.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Can anyone help out with the proper way to wire the lights? I'm thinking two 10w spots wired together and connected to an accessory outlet. Just wondering what connector I would need to plug into the ATV. I'm assuming there is an extra? I have a 2016 Outlander 860 XT MAX. I also have factory heated grips installed.

·
Registered
12 Posts
zitremedy

I too also am adding new lights, but not to my fairing I didn't like the look of that piece, made the new 2018 Outlander look like a full dresser riding through the woods, what I ordered was 2-- 3.5 inch 10 W each flush mounts FLOOD lights for my stock hand guards, once I connect them and run the wires I will post a pic, I do a lot of nite riding with the boyz and hate that when I turn the bars the lights stay straight.
They are very easy to wire up but I would recommend you using a relay to do it , at your local car parts store you can find an on/off switch and usually near that will be the relay (low Voltage) that you will need
Directions are on the relay and on line ....very easy to hook up

I will post when I am done , I am very anil on how shit looks so when I am done it might help you in what your choices are

Mike in Massachusetts

·
Registered
43 Posts
By the way, if anyone cares, the color temperature of the OEM Deluxe Fairing headlights is 6K. Can Am does not provide that specification on the website, and it took me over a month to get the info from Can Am through the dealership. :)

·
Registered
64 Posts
4 I had some amazon ones that were decent in the deluxe fairing but I just switched them out for some from Princess Auto, TRUX 2"x2", 10W, Spots, have 4 leds in them, 6500K. They seem a good bit brighter than the Amazon ones. SKU: 8884355

1 - 13 of 13 Posts