Can-Am ATV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2021 650 Max XT. I am looking to install a deluxe fairing for the fall/winter. I’m assuming that I will need to remove the XT handlebar cover / hand guards. Can anybody provide me with the part number for the “non XT” handlebar centre cover/cap?

I had also installed an AMPS rugged mount for Garmin Montana on the XT handlebar cover. I‘m also assuming that this can be easily moved to the deluxe fairing.

I would appreciate hearing from anyone who has experience adding the fairing and any advice/recommedation you may have.

Thanks

·
Nobody Special
2020 Outlander XMR 1000r Max
1,104 Posts
I have a 2021 650 Max XT. I am looking to install a deluxe fairing for the fall/winter. I’m assuming that I will need to remove the XT handlebar cover / hand guards. Can anybody provide me with the part number for the “non XT” handlebar centre cover/cap?

I had also installed an AMPS rugged mount for Garmin Montana on the XT handlebar cover. I‘m also assuming that this can be easily moved to the deluxe fairing.

I would appreciate hearing from anyone who has experience adding the fairing and any advice/recommedation you may have.

Thanks
The fairing comes with the center cover for the handlebar. I have two now because of that.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the responses. I just ordered the deluxe fairing with extra high windshield. I currently have the handle bar mounted left and right rear view mirrors. I was hoping to keep those installed; however, the dealer told me that they may need to be removed to install the fairing. From the pictures I’ve seen online there doesn’t appear to be any reason why I can’t have the handle bar mirrors installed with the fairing.

·
Registered
Outlander Max X-TP 1000T
270 Posts
Dealer has it wrong on that one.

I have the Deluxe Fairing installed along with the handlebar mounted mirrors and there’s plenty of room available. Enough in fact for me to have a RAM mount for a Garmin Montana 700i powered AMP cradle on one side, plus a QUAD LOCK iPhone mount with vibration damper on the other. It’s tight but they fit and the latches on the fairing mounts can still be operated.

·
Nobody Special
2020 Outlander XMR 1000r Max
1,104 Posts
Yes! Plenty of room for handlebar mounted mirrors which I have and many extras!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts