Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Outlander 500 v-twin efi 2012
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a diagnostic reader available for brp ? Or just the expensive buds software, if this is the case does anyone know of a way of getting the software at a lower cost, and what lead would you need to go from the computer to the bike ? Thanks guys

·
Registered
1,879 Posts

Reactions: Mjd5182 and xsever

·
Premium Member
2020 Outlander XMR 1000r Max
524 Posts
I am purchasing that kit myself. Getting the Megatech/Mechatronic Expert License, a bit over $1,100. The guys up to the dealer in town telling me they hope I get it because they cannot alter anything and will slip my number to anyone who is looking for a tweak.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am purchasing that kit myself. Getting the Megatech/Mechatronic Expert License, a bit over $1,100. The guys up to the dealer in town telling me they hope I get it because they cannot alter anything and will slip my number to anyone who is looking for a tweak.
Yes I thought about this also ! So maybe not so expensive if you can claw a little back the odd time 👍🏽

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
Figured charge $100 each for same thing they would get sending their ecu out in the mail. This way it will be done in 10 minutes instead of a week or more. Will pay for itself with the first 10 machines.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Yep until someone blows up their engine due to their own stupidity and then try to sue you... as much as I hate to say it but that's the way our world seems to be going.
Good luck but make sure you cover your ass...

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
Yep until someone blows up their engine due to their own stupidity and then try to sue you... as much as I hate to say it but that's the way our world seems to be going.
Good luck but make sure you cover your ass...

That is why I will always have them sign a release of responsibility prior to any modification. ;)

·
Registered
2016 Can-Am Outlander Max XT 650
525 Posts
That is why I will always have them sign a release of responsibility prior to any modification. ;)
Spoken like a fine lawyer right there! 🤓

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
Since I have installed my track system and the track module removes the limits, I found 7,800rpm is the top safe engine speed. 8,000rpm the top end starts getting noisy. So when I reprogram my ecu, I will set rev limit to 7,800 rpm. Will do that for others too. I will do a test with my track module hooked up and using the tires. Will use the gps to read my actual speed and see what top my land speed is. My guess will be 80 or 81mph.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Figured charge $100 each for same thing they would get sending their ecu out in the mail. This way it will be done in 10 minutes instead of a week or more. Will pay for itself with the first 10 machines.
Is everything included in this price (leafs scanner etc) or would that just be the software ?

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
This was told to me by a lawyer... wavers and such any lawyer can get around em even a bad one.... lol

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
This was told to me by a lawyer... wavers and such any lawyer can get around em even a bad one.... lol

That is when I start asking for a green card from any lawyer. :ROFLMAO:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts