Can-Am ATV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, as a Dutch person I want to buy an outlander in America and import it to the Netherlands.
I want to use the ATV on the road here, and I therefore want to change the tyres and gearbox once the ATV has arrived. I have been assured that I can have a kit delivered from America with the tools, gear box and tyres that I need, so I can do the changes.
Do you guys have any idea whether I would be able to do this without any experience, and if so, how long it will approximately take me to replace the gear box and tyres? And do you have any idea whether this would be a difficult operation for an experienced mechanic, and how long it would take an experienced mechanic to do the changes?

Super Moderator
2015 Outlander XMR 650
Welcome to the site, Thomas, firstly. I know I personally love hearing from the international crowd. 馃憢

I'm a little perplexed, tho, frankly, as to why you think you need to change your gearbox, to operate the bike on the highways over there? Plenty of our members here run their bikes on the highways without any gearbox issues at all.

There are plenty of 14" automotive tires out there, some of these bikes have 14" rims. Simply mount and balance a set of car tires to your rims and away ya go.

Reactions: thomasdejong

Registered
2017 Can-Am Outlander 570 Pro
Hi guys, as a Dutch person I want to buy an outlander in America and import it to the Netherlands.
I want to use the ATV on the road here, and I therefore want to change the tyres and gearbox once the ATV has arrived. I have been assured that I can have a kit delivered from America with the tools, gear box and tyres that I need, so I can do the changes.
Do you guys have any idea whether I would be able to do this without any experience, and if so, how long it will approximately take me to replace the gear box and tyres? And do you have any idea whether this would be a difficult operation for an experienced mechanic, and how long it would take an experienced mechanic to do the changes?
the hustle with getting it road legal is not worth it to be honest, if you count the price of a road legal light , blinker and horn kit + switches (AND getting it registered by Dekra (T脺V) which is the most expensive thing you can dream of ), you will be at the same price (or even more) as an European model with a license plate.+ the worldwide shortage in ATV's and parts is not helping it either.
for measures my outlander 570PRO has gone 3500$ up in price vs what i paid in 2017:mad:. + there are numerous categories for ATV registration in europe . mine is a T3B (tractor) so oficially limited to 40 km/h by EU and no highway or motorway use.

i hope you will find what you want and need . (y)(y)(y)

Super Moderator
2016 Can-Am Outlander Max XT 650
@Orion from the UK will be able to chime in as well since he has a road-legal ATV.

Reactions: thomasdejong

Registered
Outlander Max X-TP 1000T
Sounds like a hard way to achieve a result!

Even though we could convert some 鈥榦ff-road鈥 models for on-road registration there is little to no point, given that Can-Am already have the 鈥楾鈥 versions of the Outlander MAX XT-P 650-1000 T which are homologated for road use (scroll down towards the bottom of that link for details).

The tyres they come with are good for dual-use (up towards 80 mph on road without issue) and a decent dealer or aftermarket outfit can remove any limiters that might be on it.

AFAIK they are available in most (all?) EU markets to suit local road registration requirements. Here in the U.K. they are classified as 鈥楥lass 4鈥 vehicles - same as a standard private automobile - so can be used on all highways, including Motorways (interstates/autobahn/autoroutes) without additional speed restrictions.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks a lot guys!
You made me rethink my own ideas. Indeed, I could only find a way to import an ATV as a tractor with a very limited maximum speed. I am now diving into the options of buying an ATV in Europe. The T version of the Outlander was a really good help.

Registered
Sounds like a hard way to achieve a result!

Even though we could convert some 鈥榦ff-road鈥 models for on-road registration there is little to no point, given that Can-Am already have the 鈥楾鈥 versions of the Outlander MAX XT-P 650-1000 T which are homologated for road use (scroll down towards the bottom of that link for details).

The tyres they come with are good for dual-use (up towards 80 mph on road without issue) and a decent dealer or aftermarket outfit can remove any limiters that might be on it.

AFAIK they are available in most (all?) EU markets to suit local road registration requirements. Here in the U.K. they are classified as 鈥楥lass 4鈥 vehicles - same as a standard private automobile - so can be used on all highways, including Motorways (interstates/autobahn/autoroutes) without additional speed restrictions.

View attachment 104450
a bit offtopic , hi amarok brother 馃檶, always loved this brown color

• Love
Reactions: Orion

Registered
It鈥檚 our 鈥楢dventure/Off-Road鈥 camping vehicle. (y)

View attachment 104457

View attachment 104458
overland build are awesome (y) , what tires are you running ?

This is mine + did add a light bar on the bull bar and all terain tires , next up are widening arches(have them need to install them) and tinted tail lights qnd the osram LED headlights

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Registered
Outlander Max X-TP 1000T
A few mods on mine - it鈥檚 an 8 speed automatic with the early 4 pot engine: Seikel 鈥楩ield & Forest鈥 25mm lift, Bilstein shocks, BFGoodrich AT KO2 tyres, split charging system with 2x 55amp/hr Optima batteries and the back kitted out for camping with multiple 12v socket outlets (also handy for hunting recovery and wash up!).

Tire Land vehicle Car Vehicle Wheel

Registered
A few mods on mine - it鈥檚 an 8 speed automatic with the early 4 pot engine: Seikel 鈥楩ield & Forest鈥 25mm lift, Bilstein shocks, BFGoodrich AT KO2 tyres, split charging system with 2x 55amp/hr Optima batteries and the back kitted out for camping with multiple 12v socket outlets (also handy for hunting recovery and wash up!).

View attachment 104459
I have a 2016 with the single turbo 140 hp and 6 speed manual , i am now running cooper discoverer at3 4s they handle top notch but are on the softer side (they wear) next time i will try ko2鈥檚 . I use it mainly as an personal and 鈥渃ar repair shop鈥 to get parts and customers . And then some towing when the transporter van is out of towing capacity

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Reactions: Orion
1 - 11 of 11 Posts