Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all!
I purchased the Digger All Season Carrier to mount on my 09 Outlander 500 XT. I'm not crazy about the mounting however and didn't want something so permanent. I starting thinking about how I could make it "portable", then came across this KFI Hitch Reciever. I've ordered and should arrive tomorrow. Now, I'm thinking there's got to be a way to mount the Digger Carrier to something like this Receiver insert or Ball mount. I don't have abilities, but might be able to find someone local. I was thinking like U bolts perhaps. Have any of you guys done anything similar? I'm also thinking about some sort of a pass through, so I can still connect a sled behind it. Main purpose of this idea is for ice fishing, carrying the auger and sled/house behind.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Find yourself a used or cheap new receiver mount bike rack and mount your rack on that... Or get a friend to make you something up that has a welder.. would not take long to fab up a mount to fit the receiver and still give you a pass through for a trailer...

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
I think I think I understand what you're attempting to do, lol.....

This Kolpin product popped into my head:

Not sure if that helps at all. I was envisioning putting the bottom into your atv receiver, then somehow affixing the all season carrier to the top, so you'd be able to remove it as needed.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Find yourself a used or cheap new receiver mount bike rack and mount your rack on that... Or get a friend to make you something up that has a welder.. would not take long to fab up a mount to fit the receiver and still give you a pass through for a trailer...
Thank you! The funny thing is... When I was talking to a couple friends about it, I was saying something similar to the way a bike rack works, but only instead of the bike rack, a way to mount the carrier. One of those brain fart moments I guess. this might be the way to go.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think I think I understand what you're attempting to do, lol.....

This Kolpin product popped into my head:

Not sure if that helps at all. I was envisioning putting the bottom into your atv receiver, then somehow affixing the all season carrier to the top, so you'd be able to remove it as needed.
I like that idea, and yes, something like that might work, but i was looking for a much cheaper solution. Thank you for the idea. I might be able to find someone to fabricate something like that for me.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update** I have my buddy working on a custom mount. I'll post pics once he gets a little further. In the meantime, I mounted that 2" receiver hitch from KFI. Not that it's difficult or complicated, but the install was a piece of cake, and a great fit. No wiggle, no wobble. High quality product!!

KFI 2" Receiver Mount

1 - 6 of 6 Posts