I have a 400 Outlander, I dont use it much, but when I went to start it the battery was dead. I attached a battery charger with a engine boost but when I tried, the Digital Display on the handlebars went dead and not it wont light up.
First of all does there have to be power for her to start or can I start with with the cord and second of all is there a fuse for this display or do I need a new display.
There is a fuse box under the front plastic cover and also two fuses at the back by the starter solenoid. The pull start will work with a flat battery as long as all else is ok. Check all the fuses, one will be for the display, charge the battery.
It would start with the pull cord if you had a dead flat battery but all else must be good. Key on, kill switch off. I'm still thinking it has a blown fuse or else the display would light up when you put a charged battery or jumper battery on.