Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
John: I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on a set of RJWC Duals for my 2012 Can AM Renegade 800 XXc and wanted to also run a tuner, specifically the Digituner that you offer... Question is, can you configure one to run at high elevation where I live and ride in Colorado...? The bike is otherwise stock except for a Twin Air filter... I live at 9,500' on Pikes Peak and almost all my riding is at or near that same elevation... I lose a considerable amount of HP/torque due to the thin air here and just wanted to check before ordering the DigiTuner to make sure you can accommodate that specific request... You can either reply here or PM me if you'd rather...
Thnx in advance... Also, let me know current pricing on that too please...

·
Registered
201 Posts
You can also look into a high altitude clutch kit, should help somewhat. When I went to Woodland Park to visit my brother and ride I was sick with how much power is lost when riding above 8000ft.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When I went to Woodland Park to visit my brother and ride I was sick with how much power is lost when riding above 8000ft.
I live just West and higher than Woodland Park, but probably ride the same trails you rode... 717, Rainbow Falls, Rule Ridge, Phantom Creek, Manchester Creek, Slaughterhouse Gulch, China Wall, Burns Park, Eagle Rock, Black Mountain, Hackett, Metberry, Longwater, are all at High Elevation and yes, we lose a lot of power up here...
I'm looking into VFJ's clutch setup(s) for my Rene and Commander...
Thnx...

·
Registered
201 Posts
When I went to Woodland Park to visit my brother and ride I was sick with how much power is lost when riding above 8000ft.
I live just West and higher than Woodland Park, but probably ride the same trails you rode... 717, Rainbow Falls, Rule Ridge, Phantom Creek, Manchester Creek, Slaughterhouse Gulch, China Wall, Burns Park, Eagle Rock, Black Mountain, Hackett, Metberry, Longwater, are all at High Elevation and yes, we lose a lot of power up here...
I'm looking into VFJ's clutch setup(s) for my Rene and Commander...
Thnx...
That was the only thing I didn't like on the trip was all the power I lost. We rode mostly up by Rainbow falls as his house is about a mile from one of the trail heads, definitely plan on going back...area is beautiful.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You should plan to hit the 717 ATV trail with over 90 miles of trails... You can hit the trail head parking lot just West of Woodland Park off of Trout Creek Road... You can also hit 717 off of Rule Ridge Road, NFR 357, North of Divide on County Route 5 just inside the National Forest. Pick up a trail map at the trail head... Lots more terrain there than Rainbow Falls, including the Hayman Burn area, creek crossings, hillclimbs, deep dark Black Timber sections, etc...

·
Registered
201 Posts
Might have to hit you up next time I head up there, sounds like you really know the area...our last day was supposed to be on 717 but I blew a belt the night before. I know on my next trip I'll be setup with a tuner and clutching for the elevation, those trails would be a blast with more power.

·
Vendor
1,338 Posts
I do have the PC5 tuners in stock that you can customize to add and subtract far better than a Digituner.

I also have clutch setups for higher altitudes from bolt in springs to full replacement primary units. 25.00 -650.00

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The Rene supposedly came from the Dealer with a High Elevation Clutch kit installed in it already... I sent you a PM requesting a quote for the Muzzy dual slip on and a Digituner for my '12 Rene... Also looking into the same set up for my '12 Commander 1000XT eventually too...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
5 Participants
VFORCEJOHN
Can-Am ATV Forum
Can-Am Forum features the most comprehensive collection of Can-Am ATV information! Renegade, Outlander & MX, DS450 and more!
Full Forum Listing