Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
VFJohn I have a Muzzy slip on 30" zillas and QSC primary /STM secondary combo. As far as I can see the PCV I have is doing nothing ( obvious ) How do you set the tune for way up here in Alberta? ( 2500 feet above sea level and higher?)

·
Vendor
1,338 Posts
You have 3 options for tuning a PCV.

1. Buy an a/f meter and learn to tune it yourself using a laptop.
2. Buy the autotune setup for it and weld bungs in your headers and let the PCV do it.
3. Take it to a dyno and have it tuned.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I looked at my post , my bad, how would you set up a digituner for my current set up?
how close would the muzzy digituner be? Will there be any fine tuning to do on my end? I feel with my set up this may be a better option right now. I am not sure when I will add a bored throttle body and cams.

·
Vendor
1,338 Posts
I can set you up a digituner. they are far more forgiving than the PCV (where is #'s are off you WILL loose power)

You can adjust fuel low-mid-high-and transition from low-mid and mid to high when and where it kicks in.

I do load my base mapping to it and from there it should be a relatively easy install.

with a Muzzy slipon and this tuner I see a solid 3-3.5 rwhp gain over the stock muffler on an 800cc machine.

Also!! Loose the air filter and go back to STOCK!!! you just LOST 2-3 RWHP from that Twin air setup.

·
Premium Member
1,088 Posts
Vcorcenohn

I would order from him if we're you. He seems to know his set ups! He hAs done more testing than most!

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
2-3 hp on the twin air??? Thats crazy. Quick question if I go back to factory can I clean the big green foam thing with compressed air once and a while?to blow the dust out o that thing? Obviously that is from testing on a dyno?

·
Vendor
1,338 Posts
clean it any way you can or want to. clean and dry and oil free is the way it should be.

I wasn't the only oneto see those results on the dyno. actually we did the air filter the same time as a pipe and only gained 3-4 hp on an 800r. where the day before the same exact setup gave up 6-7 on the guys other bike.

well....his bike had a twin air, his wife's did not. we went back to stock and retuned the fuel mapping removing fuel and there was the power.

until I read it on a few other forums that people seen the same results I would have never known. I had assumed they over oiled it with that thick oil.

John

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How far behind are you with the order of a digituner? What do you need to start?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts