Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As promised here is a complete instructions for the deluxe fairing install that I did.

Link below is the actual lights I purchased. When I got mine the CDN dollar was better and I got them for an offer of $20 USD.
ONE Pair 2 Inch 10W SUV Light BAR Offroad ATV 4WD Working Light Lamp Spot LED | eBay

You will need a connector you can cut to use as the connection between the lights in the fairing and the harness on your bike.
http://www.ebay.ca/ulk/itm/281754745972

First thing you need to do is install the lights in the fairing. To do this you need to separate the two pieces of the fairing. In the photos below you will see the screws you need to remove. Three on each side of the back and two in the front in the light compartment. Photos below.

I put the mount on each light and placed the U bracket around each mount with a small washer between the U bracket and the mount just to widen it out so it fit more snug in the slot on the fairing. Then just insert the bolt through the holes in the fairing, bracket and mount and tighten it up. You will need a 2.5" bolt for this. See photo below of the U bracket with washers and mount.

Photo of lights mounted.

There are two plastic plugs in the fairing that I drilled holes in just large enough to feed the light cables through. Now you can reassemble the fairing back into a single unit. I routed the cables so both were on the left side of the fairing. I used a cable tie to secure them to the bottom of the fairing. Next take the wires from the lights and twist the common colours together and attach butt splices.

Cut the 9005 harness cable from eBay in half and attach one end of the connector to the lights via the butt splices.

I then taped everything up and attached the connector to the bottom of the cup holder in the fairing.

Next I made up the connecting wire using the other side of the 9005 harness that would attach my lights to the bike. Using butt splices again attach a black and blue wire since those are the colours that we need to connect to in the bike. I attached a bullet splice to the end of the blue wire that will plug into the blue high beam wire connector on the bike.

Tape everything up once your done.

Now we will turn to the bike. Below is the electrical schematic of the connector we will tap into. The connection labeled DC5 is the weather pack connector we will use and the blue wire shown going to the left of the junction coming from the high beam switch will be used as well.

Remove your speedo pod off your bike by just pulling up on it. Once off toward the front rack you will see the main fuse compartment.

There are clips on either side of the fuse compartment that you need to release in order to pull the compartment out.

Look just up inside where you just pulled out the fuse box and there will be a connector still mated to its other side that has some tape on it that holds a blue wire with connector to it.

Here's what you will have when you disconnect it.

The blue connector is the high beam connector and will connect with the bullet connector on the harness you made up.

Next feed the harness you made down into your bike through the main cable tie at the base of your handle bars.

Plug the bullet connector to the blue wire connector and insert the black wire into the connector mating up the black wire from your new harness. This was just a temporary fix for me and I have since made a proper weather pack connector to have the connection be just like factory.

I then routed the connector up the handlebar and secured with a cable tie.

Next attach your fairing to your bike and plug the connectors together.

Now when I turn on my high beams I also have my new fairing LEDs work.

If anyone has any questions about components or if you would like clarification on something, just drop me a line and I will be happy to help.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Nice job. How much light do they provide?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would say as much light comes out of these two LEDs as comes out of my stock high and low on at the same time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey Man,

Thanks for posting this. I followed your directions and installed some lights in my new fairing no problem.

·
Registered
43 Posts
By the way, if anyone cares, the color temperature of the OEM Deluxe Fairing headlights is 6K. Can Am does not provide that specification on the website, and it took me over a month to get the info from Can Am through the dealership. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts