Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,

Just thought i should share with you my full 2" snorkel setup. I used the white pvc to save space under the pod and made use of some flexible 2" rubber hose as well when needed (this was really a saver for me).

I did spend quite some time test fitting and refitting. Total project probably took 12 hours.

Let me know what you think.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Looks good man, nice placement!

If I may?

The two outer's I assume are for the CVT? Are they fairly rigid or could they be strapped/secured so they don't break if you catch them on anything?

I'd also look into a coating like box liner spray or something to match the plastic's you've got them running through. It'll look good as well as fill any possible gaps you may have in the joints (Maybe! LOL)

Also look into a water barrier for the pipe ends, I found I've gotta do the same. SYATV sells it but I'm looking into a more "local" product.

·
Premium Member
18,462 Posts
Nice job. Got any under the pod pics of the plumbing?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks,

I think it turned out pretty good. The right snorkel (when looking at the front of the bike) is for the engine, the top is for the cvt intake, but I thought about switching these around but this way was much easier for now. I do like the idea of using truck box liner to clean them up a bit. I will pick up a can tonight.

As for securing the side snorkels...

I plan to use a bolt with the head inside of the pod sticking out the side with a nut on the outside. Then I could drill a hole on the inner side of each snorkel and use a wingnut to hold the snorkle in place. This is just a thought, I don't know how you'd make the bolt hole waterproof yet still removable. Right now I have the snorkels pushed right against the side of the pod, they seem to be ok but have some play due to the rubber couplings I used.

I will try to snap a picture of the plumbing under the pod, but its nothing special. For the CVT I pretty much just used flexible tubing going to a 90 or a 45 with the rubber coupling attached on the inside. And for the engine I cut the stock intake back a few inches, put a rubber coupling on that, then a 45 and maybe a 5" straight piece with another rubber coupling on it to get it out of the pod.

Did the "hand" test on the engine intake and it killed it at idle so I think its good. Could also feel suction and exhaust from the CVT at idle.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The last few pics I took today while finishing the snorkels off. Ended up putting a bolt through from the inside of the pod into the 2 side snorkels to hold them in place (wingnut on the inside of the snorkel.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
18,462 Posts
Looks good man, what kind of flex hose is that?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks,

You know I have no idea what king of flexible hose is on there. The last owner had it stealth'd with this stuff and I just reused it. I did a quick google search but couldn't find anything similar.

·
Premium Member
18,462 Posts
Is there a wire that runs through it? It looks like flexable rad hose, you can guy different lengths at the auto parts store, tough stuff to work with but would stand a lot of heat.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
What I did for securing the pipes was used a couple chunks of exhaust pipe (metal) and glued them onto the pipe w/ PL Premium. Then I just welded them directly to my Rad Relocate kit.

They ain't going ANYWHERE! LOL

I did the same with the Box liner spray, worked AWESOME! I then had to paint the inside yellow for an extra 5 or 6 Horsepower! LMAO!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts