Can-Am ATV Forum banner

101 - 118 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I know some great 4x4 trails and as fast as you dare to go deserted dirt roads that go on for miles and miles and miles.

You can help me get these trail cams setup.

Who knows, we might even catch some fish.
Definately see a bear or three.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Nice.
Hey, patience is my middle name too!

Should have made this a priority.
Next bike will be one of the 1st things I do after fan mod, tunes and auxilary lighting.

Smacked er pretty good there on an unseen rock in that creek.
I knew that one hurt.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Man the few times I called my wheeler a bike was around my son and his motocross buddies and they lite me up.... bike have two wheels Bla bla bla.... lol so yeah that’s why I go with wheeler piss on them!!!! Lol

·
Registered
2020 Outlander Xxc
14 Posts
Of as using Skid plate, I run skid plate on all my bikes and my Quad, When I was looking for a Outlander I went with the xxc as I need skid plate as I hmm jump tree logs, attack rocks etc.. . I think aluminium is the best for cost but a bit more weight but the problem they don't slide as good over logs etc as the plastic (not to confuse after market plastic/Kevlar as they hold up very well) but that's why we got a winch :), I would say 90% of the time you don't need skid plate, I need it 100% of the time. I have bad luck..

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
More of slide over logs & rocks here so plastic.

Simple install.
The instructions are less than spartan but once you crack the code the pics are most helpful.
All parts bags are numbered just match the connecting fastener #s to the #s in the pic and done.

Did have to make two modifications....

On my gen1 shorty the front skid hit the a arm, trimmed about 1/4" off.

Had to drill new mounting holes in the very front under the winch.

Other than that LOVE EM!

Speaking of fasteners....
Installing the rear trailing arm aluminum protectors now...
What the heck are these fasteners on the stock brp outer cv boot protectors???
Rivets?

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Man the few times I called my wheeler a bike was around my son and his motocross buddies and they lite me up.... bike have two wheels Bla bla bla.... lol so yeah that’s why I go with wheeler piss on them!!!! Lol
Always was "quad" to me.
Aka 4wheeler, atv.

The new lingo is kind of hard to get used to, tell them kids to try to keep up lol

Right on!
Totally rad, bitchin trailing arm/cv boot/bottom shock mount protectors.
Sick!
Haha

Yep they were just rivets..

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Alrighty then
Wrapping this project up.
Time for a test thrashing.

Anybody wants/needs these stock front/rear cv boot protectors let me know.

Thanks iron baltic!

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
And with a little modification...
A decent mount becomes bulletproof 👍

I did have to swap out the 20" bar and chain for an 18" so it doesnt stick out of the mount.

I know me.
Dont mind going full rambo on the stitches in the middle of bfe nowhere, but Id rather not.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Skid fastener torture test.

Bring em on over and drag em across my rock "simulation" anytime.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Nobodys perfect.

Most products I dont build myself have to be customized.

Modifications must b made.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Always nice to have.

Like a welder....I so need a welder :cautious:

·
Registered
2020 850 XT Outlander
32 Posts
Well here is picture of mine, major scratches due to the factory stocks. If I didn’t have skid plates installed I would have had some major damage when I hit those rocks at the speed I was going. I just installed my new elka shocks last week. Now I just need to get out and test them out.

·
Registered
2020 Outlander Xxc
14 Posts
Well all I can say Skid plate helps. I'm new to this quad thing and thought I be a hero from my TRX450 and did the same with the 1000r xxc, well took the corner hit the gas wheelie into a tree and nothing hurt except some scratches on the skid plate...Where is Kodak when you need it,....

101 - 118 of 118 Posts