Can-Am ATV Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Outlander Max 450 DPS
586 Posts
At first I was upset about the nuts on almost all the bolts instead of just threading into the frame.
My reaction was the same.
Since I plan to keep my machine for several more years and I enjoy working on it (maintenance, tweaking, cleaning) I have taken to installing RivNuts in the frame where feasible to simplify some of the operations.
Of course I am keeping an eye on the screws from ride to ride but they have all stayed tight so far.

·
Registered
2021 Outlander 850 max XT-P
259 Posts
Since I plan to keep my machine for several more years and I enjoy working on it (maintenance, tweaking, cleaning) I have taken to installing RivNuts in the frame where feasible to simplify some of the operations.
Of course I am keeping an eye on the screws from ride to ride but they have all stayed tight so far.

I may do the same. I picked up a bag of M6 rivnuts to have spares for the skid plate. HMMMM, - good idea

Yes - I plan to keep this one for a while too.

·
Registered
669 Posts
I'm keeping mine forever. I had a big wind storm hit a few days ago and knock down 2 trees. The 570 was nice to have to help drag the cut up trees to an out of the way place on the property. I might have done the same with the vehicle, but the power and the small size of the Quad made it so much easier.

A larger machine would not have made any difference. I was spinning all 4 wheels trying to drag a tree that was just a little to long and heavy. The 570 has the power, but not the weight to plant the wheels firmly on the ground.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Where did you install rivets? The Skid plate the way it attaches does not do so at the frame but instead it uses carriable bolts and nuts.

Only the footwell plates use nutserts/rivets.

·
Registered
2021 Outlander Max 450 DPS
586 Posts
Remember this?

·
Registered
7 Posts
The gearbox is the most difficult to service, but can be done by removing a few bolts from the skid plate. There are quite a few videos on YouTube that may save folks time and effort.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Remember this?
I read through that the only item I agree with are the footwell pieces use nutserts that go into the metal step framing and you thread a bolt to go secure the foot well skid to.

The Center skid uses nuts and carriage style bolts.

rear skid does too.

therefore I can’t figure out where you installed nutserts for these other pieces did you drill new holes in your skid to line them up with frame rails which is where you then installed nutserts?

21 - 27 of 27 Posts