Can-Am ATV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
Hope you all have been well, i was curious if anyone knew what the kit would be called that fits the area in the attached picture. It looks like lights might go there on a different trim model. I have a outlander 650 max dps. Been searching all over but haven’t found anything. Still new to this forum and only had this a couple months so far.
Thanks in advance!
-Dan

·
Administrator
2020 Outlander XMR 1000r Max
1,082 Posts
I have never seen anything made by BRP to go there. May find something aftermarket.

·
Super Moderator
2015 Outlander XMR 650
5,158 Posts
I suppose you could, but that pod doesn't pivot with the handlebars, so I'm not sure what real use it would be. Put a bag or box on the front rack and boom the lights are useless.

I get what you're thinking, just not sure about the actual practicality of it

Reactions: Tozguy and Vwluca
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I suppose you could, but that pod doesn't pivot with the handlebars, so I'm not sure what real use it would be. Put a bag or box on the front rack and boom the lights are useless.

I get what you're thinking, just not sure about the actual practicality of it
Ahhh thank you! I didn't even thinking of that 😂 I’m a noob to the ATV world so I really appreciate the feedback.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
My opinion that it would be more useful to cut em out, put some mesh in and give increase airflow to the intakes for those that never see high water

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2016 Can-Am Outlander Max XT 650
1,086 Posts
i was curious if anyone knew what the kit would be called that fits the area in the attached picture. It looks like lights might go there on a different trim model.
You could buy the deluxe fairing windshield which turns with the handlebars and which can host LED lights. It's detailed in the can-am parts catalog.
It's detailed in this thread: DIY deluxe fairing LED install

Alternatively, you can obviously mount an LED bar on the front rack like many of us do here. Much more effective and cost-effective compared to the BRP deluxe fairing windshield + LED lights.

Feel free to check my thread on my LED bar here: Nilight LED Light Bar Install (12"/72W)

·
Registered
Outlander Max X-TP 1000T
265 Posts
You could buy the deluxe fairing windshield which turns with the handlebars and which can host LED lights. It's detailed in the can-am parts catalog.
Thanks for the link to that thread. (y) I was thinking about adding the additional lights to my Deluxe Fairing but balked at the price of the BRP kit and was looking for alternatives that could be adapted. The thread’s a few years old, so the seller of the LED lights isn’t available now but if anyone can point me in the direction of a source of these square 2” 10 watt units (or similar) I’d be much obliged.

11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

View attachment 103864

Alternatively, you can obviously mount an LED bar on the front rack like many of us do here. Much more effective and cost-effective compared to the BRP deluxe fairing windshield + LED lights.

Feel free to check my thread on my LED bar here: Nilight LED Light Bar Install (12"/72W)
Thanks I like that light bar option. It sits more towards the front so it can’t be blocked. I do a lot of riding at night so I just needed a little extra light to spread to the sides, the stock lights are very bright but they are very strait and don’t Illuminate the sides. I could probably also mount a pod on either side of the rack since the center is already lit pretty well.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Can-Am Outlander Max XT 650
1,086 Posts
I could probably also mount a pod on either side of the rack since the center is already lit pretty well.
Sounds like a solid plan to me. I ordered my LED Beamtech headlight kits at the same time with the LED bar. As the Beamtechs turned out to be bright enough, I could've easily skipped the LED bar and went with two side pods but they would have interfered with all the cargo I load up on that rack when I go camping/overlanding/hunting so it's all right. Can't go wrong with the LED bar or the side pods.

When you go ahead with this, please share with us photos and review.

·
Registered
Outlander MAX PRO 570 2019
304 Posts
Thanks for the link to that thread. (y) I was thinking about adding the additional lights to my Deluxe Fairing but balked at the price of the BRP kit and was looking for alternatives that could be adapted. The thread’s a few years old, so the seller of the LED lights isn’t available now but if anyone can point me in the direction of a source of these square 2” 10 watt units (or similar) I’d be much obliged.

View attachment 103866
Maybe?

11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sounds like a solid plan to me. I ordered my LED Beamtech headlight kits at the same time with the LED bar. As the Beamtechs turned out to be bright enough, I could've easily skipped the LED bar and went with two side pods but they would have interfered with all the cargo I load up on that rack when I go camping/overlanding/hunting so it's all right. Can't go wrong with the LED bar or the side pods.

When you go ahead with this, please share with us photos and review.
Will do thanks brother!

·
Registered
Outlander Max X-TP 1000T
265 Posts
BTW anyone looking for a serious increase in lighting power, but not wanting to add a lightbar, have a look at the RJWC Neutrinos or if needed for highway use, the Neutrino 2 units.

RJWC have an all products 20% discount running until midnight using code FLASH20 at checkout. If you missed out this time round, sign up to their newsletter and you’ll be notified when they have another sale on (which seems to happen 2 or 3 times a year).

·
Registered
Outlander Max X-TP 1000T
265 Posts
I love the always on halo so others can see you when you turn these bad boys off for incoming traffic.
And if you prefer to have no lights on at the front from time to time for whatever reason - hunting etc. - put a switch on the circuit for the halos.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Orion, your handlebars look like a frigging spaceship! Did you install all the switches? Looks oem, nice job bro, eh! My switches DO NOT look like that, or even close to oem. Some might use the phrase "red neck" lol.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Outlander Max X-TP 1000T
265 Posts
Well it is designed to, “Boldly go where no man has gone before.”! ;) But no, the cluster of warning lights on the handlebar pad are OEM for the homologated ‘T’ models for road registration purposes - L to R are; lights on, hazard flashers on, and flasher/indicators on when the trailer socket is connected.

The outlet for the heated visor was installed by the dealer prior to delivery - I got a fantastic deal on the quad and any supplied accessories, so loaded it up. My only contribution there is the 19mm illuminated switch for the Neutrino halos, which turned out to be a good match for OEM.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts