Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone use mx boots when riding? Is it necessary? Do you guys just use regular shoes, or hunting boots?

·
Registered
589 Posts
All depends. If I'm going out to just ride with couples I'll toss on muck boots. Just the guys, tech 8 s, exploring chest waders.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. I rode last saturday just using my salomon sneakers and It was my first time riding in the trails. Well, the trails was a mix of water, mud, dirt, and sand. There are times that I have to stick my leg out to support myself/atv from me/atv not tipping to the side. I could've broke my ankle. I was thinking if using mx boots will be appropriate with the kind of riding that i'll be doing. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
hunting boots for me...

·
Registered
278 Posts
I do, mainly because I race. id recommend them for sure. Takes time to break them in usually but it is worth it for your safety!!

·
Registered
686 Posts
I wear steel toe work boots. All my boots I buy are water proof so my feet stay dry, ankles are protected, and they have a heel which grips the pegs better.

·
Registered
557 Posts
I either wear waders or steel toed boots, matters what my intentions are

·
Registered
666 Posts
I have a set of Alpinestar tech 2 50/50 boots. Wear them mainly for ankle support. Real good boots are only needed if youre racing, and mainly on a dirtbike/sport quad where youre more prone to accidents. Have had friends on dirtbikes/sport quads get hurt pretty bad, had a friend smash his leg between his nerf bar and a tree on his yfz450 during a harescramble race, even with full aplinestar boots he broke his ankle. Id recommend some sort of boot over sneakers any day for riding...

·
Registered
21 Posts
It all depends on what im doing. I also ride motocross so I use my Tech 3's if im gonna be playing around or running the trails hard. I have waders if im muddin. If im just trail riding with my wife or daughter, shoes are my hunting boots. If you already have MX boots it wont hurt. If your looking for some, maybe look at some of the enduro boots out there. Mix of mx and street.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Just use my Merrell hiking boots, good in wet weather and plenty of support

·
Registered
81 Posts
We all wear knee high snake boots. If its not the diamondbacks, its the pygmys, the copperhead, the cottonmouth, the prairie rattler, timber rattler or even the massasauga that'll get ya!

·
Registered
147 Posts
I wear my Tech 8's when out riding for the day. They keep splashed water out and provide an extra level of protection for whatever unpredicted mayhem you might encounter. I also regularly wear a Tek Vest for the same reasons.

·
Registered
33 Posts
If I'm going out for a day of trail riding, I wear Alpinestars Tech 6 boots. If I'm just messing around home with the kids or whatever, I just wear whatever is on my foot at the time.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts