Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

One question about my strange problem.

I have today lift my renegade 2011 to check wheel bearings. I have try start engine when atv has been lift all4 wheels in air.
Imediatly when i lift atv the check dps light come on and code is P101.
I shut down engine and put atv down and then is all ok. no check dps.
I try lift just ftont wheels or just back wheels and all is ok. When i lift whole atv (all wheels in air) Then imediatly throw check dps on and p101 code. I try more that 10.times and no code when atv is down, imediatly when i lift it the check dps is on.

I dont understand what this can be??

Somebody can answer?

thanx

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
have you replaced the voltage regulator/PS wiring harness. it was a TSB in 2011/2012. if you haven't you need to do it for sure. the wires corrode as they are way to small. the new harness is 50 bucks. you can check wires by removing the heat panel under the seat.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I haven’t replace the wires. I dont know if previous owner did it.
Can u teel me the part number? Or what it looks this wires? I will check tomottow.

Thank you:)

·
Registered
2015 Outlander XMR 650
2,509 Posts
That P-code should be four digits, can you check again and advise?

·
Registered
2015 Outlander XMR 650
2,509 Posts
Found this thread on that code:

That's a strange one....

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
when you remove the heat shield if you see a plug connection that means your has not been changed. the new wire harness deletes the plug and the smaller gage wire to voyage regulator. i have never seen one that did not need replaced on a 2010-2012 machine. i personally have changed out 4 on 2010/2011 machines i have owned.

Can Am Wire harness part # 703500778

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanx
I have check this.
There is no connector under the seat. The wires are directly connected...but i think there was no wires replaced...only remowed connector

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Thanx
I have check this.
There is no connector under the seat. The wires are directly connected...but i think there was no wires replaced...only remowed connector
post a picture of it

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys

One question about my strange problem.

I have today lift my renegade 2011 to check wheel bearings. I have try start engine when atv has been lift all4 wheels in air.
Imediatly when i lift atv the check dps light come on and code is P101.
I shut down engine and put atv down and then is all ok. no check dps.
I try lift just ftont wheels or just back wheels and all is ok. When i lift whole atv (all wheels in air) Then imediatly throw check dps on and p101 code. I try more that 10.times and no code when atv is down, imediatly when i lift it the check dps is on.

I dont understand what this can be??

Somebody can answer?
thanx
if you see a plug connection that means your has not been changed. the new wire harness deletes the plug and the smaller gage wire to voyage regulator.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi

i didnt take photo sorry.

There was just removed connector and the same wires connected together.

I have buy 2x new connectors for regulator. Know somebody diameter from the new wires? I will just buy new wires and connect to the regulator. Where are connected the black wire that must also be replaced?
And what is this diameter wire?
Thanx

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I'm guessing yes, all the wires were to small diameter got hot and burned up. that plug may have been beefed up to. heres a few more pics of it so you can compare to yours.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanx
And where are this wire connected on other side? I can see that go somewhere front of atv.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts