Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I own a 2010 renegade 800 Xxc, the power steering system doesn't work, and I want to buy a new one. Does anyone know where I can buy one that is compatible with the Xxc models? I contacted superatv they said it would work, but the same exact dps being sold in other places they said won't work for a Xxc, it's. Alot of money and I am worried I will buy it and it wont fit or function properly. So please any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2015 Outlander XMR 650
3,666 Posts
The distinction to be made is that the SuperATV kit is a kit, you'd remove the factory DPS motor and install theirs, along with (if it's separate), the "brain"/control module.

If you're just looking for an OEM replacement PS module for your bike, that wouldn't involve any of SuperATV's components. The two don't interchange, in other words. If that's what was confusing you....

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply,
I'm sorry I didn't quite understand what you mean, so will the kit be able to fit on the 2010 renegade Xxc model? So if I were to buy the kit would it work for my Atv?
Appreciate your time

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
Thanks for the reply,
I'm sorry I didn't quite understand what you mean, so will the kit be able to fit on the 2010 renegade Xxc model? So if I were to buy the kit would it work for my Atv?
Appreciate your time
The "kits" are meant to be used on quads that did not come with power steering....to add power steering. You have factory power steering that requires repair. You need to diagnose what is wrong and buy either new parts from BRP or find used parts.

Reactions: BombardierBomb

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
I know there has been issues putting used G2 DPS units into G1 units. I put a used G1 DPS in my step dad's 2011 650 and it worked fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts