Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for new places to ride and new folks to ride with.

I know it's the week before Thanksgiving, but my GF and I are considering Durhamtown Tellico Nov 15-16.

Anyone want to go?

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Really? No one is interested in this ride?

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
we had a blast. Right at the end of the ride out (nearly to the TN border) we found a dog...just out in the middle of nowhere. Seemed exhausted and starved. We loaded him up between us and took him all the way back to the parking lot, 1.5hrs away. He was so good.

Other than that we rode, rode and rode some more. About a full tank of fuel. Beautiful sights. Nice place to ride, not particularly difficult trails unless you wanted to get stupid.

After rolling it last week my confidence wasn't quite as high and we were riding alone so we stayed off the hardest trails, but still rode Rocket Launch and some other black diamond trails.

Tellico road was just one rock after another for many miles.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Sounds like a good ride and good time. What happened with the dog? So you almost made it to my state :) lol

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The lady at the office said she knew the owner (he had a collar.) That he and her husband were hunting bear that day and the dog was a hunting dog. Said he'd be very grateful as the dog clearly got lost and the guy was probably looking for him.

We've got a couple pics of the dog and a little vid. Darn gopro had 2x dead batteries and one that lasted about 30 minutes.

We'll get them up in the next few days, it's 12:30 in the morning and we've been up since 6am, tired.

That's the only problem I see with the gopro, darn batteries are either dieing or dead.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Very nice of you to take the dog back to civilization. I know if i lost one of my dogs id be pretty tore up.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here's some vid, be sure to change your settings to HD

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Cool video, great dogs, the one you found, and your own. Liked the sunset picture at the end too. :th_smiliethumbsup:

Looked like quite the bumpy ride for most of the ride. Was if very cold then?

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It was chilly, but we had plenty of gear and were totally warm. I was actually a little too warm at times when I was workin' the bike, like on Rocket Launch. You missed a great ride that's for sure.

If we'd had other riders there's no question I'd have tackled some tougher trails and likely done some climbs in the 'Bowl'. But age and wisdom decided that discretion was the better part of valor...that and rolling it last week. :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts