Can-Am ATV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This sub forum seems dead but I figure I post and see if anyone can help anyways.

I have a Dynojet fuel controller, and I’m running a Yoshimura pipe and stock air filter. Their website only provides a tune file for a HMF pipe and stock filter for a 2014.

Anyone out there have a file that’s more inline for the Yoshi pipe? This would be for a 2017 Outlander 650.

These fuel maps are new to me and I’m not sure whether running this map does more harm then good. I did notice the heat off the engine is gone and also the throttle seems snappier..

·
Super Moderator
1,623 Posts
Wish I could help yah more but I have not messed with a tuner much. Honestly if it is running good then the tune is pry fairly close.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wish I could help yah more but I have not messed with a tuner much. Honestly if it is running good then the tune is pry fairly close.

Lol I wouldn’t know if it’s running good. It feels different - but again could be in my head. Would be nice to know if the fuel map is good and valid.

They have the fuel map for this setup but it’s from a 850 machine, I think using a larger CC fuel map is probably not a wise idea. Dynojet support of course is clueless and of not much help.

·
Super Moderator
1,623 Posts
When you said throttle was snappier I took that as it was running good.

Yeah, don't use tune from bigger cc machine. Without actually dynoing the machine you can only get so close. There is not enough difference in air flow of those two cans for one tune to not be fine for the other can.

·
Registered
2021 Outlander 850 max XT-P
602 Posts
Have you downloaded the C3 software? I just started digging into the PV3 and I must say - it's pretty comprehensive. The adjustments made by Dynojet are fairly conservative. Once you download the software you can compare the STK (stock file) to the DJT (Dynojet file) to see what was changed.

Where did you buy the fuel controller? Did you register it with them? Once I registered it they sent me an email with an 800 number which has surprisingly fast customer service.

Additionally I had a TON of questions which I sent to them via email last Sunday. I had a through response by 9am Monday morning. As skeptical and as worried as I was - now I am gaining confidence in this product.

If you prefer- What map number did you load? If you give me the map number for the DJT file and corresponding STK file I'll do a comparison. I know some people would rather not mess with the computer....... The days of changing jets and offset keyways are over. :cautious:

·
Registered
602 Posts
I just did a quick search and may see what your talking about. Did ITC exist in 2017? Hmmm. I'm assuming your fuel injected but drive by cable?

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey, what is C3?

I used their power commander software to look at their map files but the values to me mean nothing lol.

My machine is a 2017, 650. My stock file I don’t know unless I pull the Dynojet stock file which I still think is more enriched than the stock fuel map

·
Registered
602 Posts
C3 is the dynojet application that allows you to see and change the different parameters within the ECU. Its free on the dynojet website.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Sorry for the confusion. I believe the power commander is a piggy back fuel controller and may use different software. In any case you should be able to change the settings according to your needs.

I believe each cell in thoses tables are % of fuel over stock if it's an positive number. Obviously a negative number would be % less than stock.

There are tons of videos on YouTube for the power commander and its software.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sorry for the confusion. I believe the power commander is a piggy back fuel controller and may use different software. In any case you should be able to change the settings according to your needs.

I believe each cell in thoses tables are % of fuel over stock if it's an positive number. Obviously a negative number would be % less than stock.

There are tons of videos on YouTube for the power commander and its software.
Yes, it’s a fuel controller that I have. I’ve checked the maps with the software but like i said it’s Spanish to me and what the values should be set at.. each column represent % throttle and relation to rpm. But I don’t believe going in blindly and setting values with some sort of backup or prior measurements is the right way of approaching it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts