Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used this company to do a reflash they advertise it on there website for $99 and I just want to know if anyone has had them do theres and what your experience is with them, I ride a 570 so I'm not to worried about horsepower gains (any would be welcomed) I mainly been looking at it to help with the ATV running lean and hot issue, yes I know about the several other people that do flashes but from what iv seen they are alot more expensive and the wife has already been fussing at me about a few cosmetic add ons iv purchased lately

·
Registered
66 Posts
The only thing that bothers me about them is their sales floor. They seem to only sell Crap ATV's like CfMoto,Kymco and what not..
There is not a single Can Am there that I can find so how are they claiming what they can do is good. Just run numbers somebody made or gave them?

Hence why I asked earlier in this thread if anybody used them (Not Monster) and what was the result? Still waiting for that reply..

Ooops My bad.... Meant the other thread...

https://www.can-amforum.com/forums/can-am-outlander/129160-ecu-reflash-info.html

·
Registered
164 Posts
How can anyone justify a reflash working ? If your machine is not there how can they claim more power. Id say 99 for removing limiters and raising fan temp ect is not bad but in no way would i let them flash any performance to it without having your machine there. most places claim to gain you 5 hp on a 1000 and people say ohh it really work the machine up.... How can you feel a few HP gain ? Its a placebo effect.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
How can anyone justify a reflash working ? If your machine is not there how can they claim more power. Id say 99 for removing limiters and raising fan temp ect is not bad but in no way would i let them flash any performance to it without having your machine there. most places claim to gain you 5 hp on a 1000 and people say ohh it really work the machine up.... How can you feel a few HP gain ? Its a placebo effect.
Wrong

·
Registered
210 Posts
5hp on an ATV is a noticeable difference in power. It's not placebo. I understand your point though.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Clutches don't lie.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just in case anybody is following this thread, sent my ecm off today to wholesale ATV in the mail should be done and back within a week or so, guess I'm the ginnie pig for this, since my wife still complains about hers and the running hot issue even tho I added in an extra heat sheild for the hot leg problem I'm just ready to see if this fixes the whole issue, if it works I'll send off the wifes next, $100 is just to good a price to not at least try it and see

·
Registered
821 Posts
Lots of people have used him with good results. it will run cooler with this flash but you can almost eliminate the heat with wrapping your exhaust with header wrap. i found about a 300 degree difference in a wrapped head pipe Vs a non-wrapped head pipe using a heat gun, its well worth it. just do a little research and used the right stuff and install it the right way.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Blade bloomer, yeah for sure let us know how the whole process goes and if you end up happy. I'm looking to go this route too .

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Blade bloomer, yeah for sure let us know how the whole process goes and if you end up happy. I'm looking to go this route too .
yeah right now the plan is once I get it back throwing a thermometer in mine and the wifes tail pipes cranking them together and see how the heating goes, then I'll take mine for a joyride around the house, I won't be able to hit any real trails till the weekend after next but I'll update yall as soon as I can on each lil step

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Wick-it charges over $300 but this place charges $99? Same changes???
its highly doubtful it's the same exact changes, but it looks to be the same types of things they change, according to wholesale ATV's website they write there own codes so it could be better or worse than wick-it, this is just my assumption I'm still pretty new to all of this so maybe someone else can expand on this subject (for all I know it could be the same codes just with a priority for quantity as they're sales technic)

·
Registered
408 Posts
its highly doubtful it's the same exact changes, but it looks to be the same types of things they change, according to wholesale ATV's website they write there own codes so it could be better or worse than wick-it, this is just my assumption I'm still pretty new to all of this so maybe someone else can expand on this subject (for all I know it could be the same codes just with a priority for quantity as they're sales technic)

It's tough to say honestly. I went the WICK-IT route. And yes it was VERY expensive. Does the other place seal the ECU board up?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

It's tough to say honestly. I went the WICK-IT route. And yes it was VERY expensive. Does the other place seal the ECU board up?

According to they're site they don't open it, says they don't need to they do everything threw the plug

·
Registered
408 Posts

According to they're site they don't open it, says they don't need to they do everything threw the plug

Correct, the flash is plug and play for them. WICK-IT splits the metal case, seals the board/ECU in a special epoxy that is water proof and also allows for heat dissipation.

I am not a WICK-IT ambassador just passing what I know along. My board was def. sealed. I guess CAN AM has had issues with keeping these water tight.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Same concept but different. Wick-it is just using monster fuel injections flash. Monster needed some one in the states to sell his flashed because of the pain in the ass Canadian border and shipping issues. monster writes the codes, wick-it just loads the flash. Monster has been doing this fuel stuff for over 10 years and is probably the most knowledgable person in the flash/fueling game. ray the owner of atvs whole sale is a new player and is just trying to get his name out there, hence the undercutting of price.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I had my ecu tuned by ray at wholesale atv. They are one of the few companies who can actually tune your ecu. I had them adjust timing and fueling for the different cam I am running. He was able to get a tune to make my bike run great with out me even putting a wide band on yet. I would recommend them. Way better than the tune I got from mrrpm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 154 Posts
About this Discussion
153 Replies
36 Participants
Jorge570
Can-Am ATV Forum
Can-Am Forum features the most comprehensive collection of Can-Am ATV information! Renegade, Outlander & MX, DS450 and more!
Full Forum Listing