Can-Am ATV Forum banner

121 - 140 of 173 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
I’m in complete agreement with you about this. I have a handheld tuner for my Superduke 1290 that a guy in California programmed for his SDR. He tunes jap and European cars. The tune for my bike is fantastic. Matching the bike exhaust and intake mods I did perfectly and he’s 3000 miles away. We are both at sea level and that’s really the only possible variable I think when the machines are the same

I also have a Dynojet power vision cx canned tune for my RZR and it’s fantastic too. I just checked off the boxes that applied to my machine and the guys at a RZR tuning shop emailed me the flash.

All three of these machines have a Bosch ecu. Do you think down the road a dynojet or bully dog tuner will be available for the 2019+ can am atv’s. It’s great to add a modification and just have the new flash emailed to you.
Dynojet Powervision CX for atv's using the Bosch 17.8.5 Ecu (1000's only), it is still in testing, & not all maps are available (defined) yet but either way it's still way better then any old "blinky box" or power commander, it's a little complicated, we used it on can am sxs's & rzr's prior to this but yes I am working on or already have tunes for all the different mods.

·
Registered
485 Posts
just as i suspected.. a busy busy man.. thank you for taking time and answering all of our lingering questions.. you sir will have some of my business in the coming months.. once i can spare my bike for a week or two while waiting :)

·
Registered
676 Posts
Mine went out in the mail today, going out of town for a week so perfect time. I'll give everyone a update as soon as I ride. We usually do 100+ miles per ride of fast trail burning so I'll give it a good workout.

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
just bought a Yosh slip on and pre paid for a Wholsale ATV reflash, I should have it in the mail Tomorrow.

Question. What constitutes an intake mod? Changing stock air filter for a Unifilter? Adding extra filtered vents in the air box?

·
Registered
676 Posts
Seems to run just a touch cooler. Fan comes on a little more. I think on the bigger motors it is much more noticeable

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
I got mine back last week. Plugged it in and fired it up. Sounds killer with the exhaust. Tank still has regular in it so this weekend I’ll drain the 87 fill with 93 and see how she do.

Funny thing. Ray says the dealer can’t tell if it’s flashed. But. He puts a wholesale ATV lightning bolt sticker on the ecu.

Interesting thing. When I asked what power increases one could realistically expect he replied that a tuned 850 with exhaust is 1 hp less than a stock 1000. So 1 hp less and 30 pounds less sounds like a winning combo to me.

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
the reflash makes a very noticeable difference. the green key which I thought was boring and never used is now perfect for my local small riding area and the gray key is borderline dangerous. the power and throttle response difference is impressive, combine that with the fantastic sound of the yosh pipe and I'm thrilled. It was in the 90's that day and the fan came on once. for 99 bucks I don't see how anybody could go wrong.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Thanks for your review. It definely helps me in my decision to flash with this company. My 570 will stay bone stock otherwise.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey, I just want to give you guys a heads up.... When you ship your ECU..... BUY THE SHIPPING INSURANCE!!!! A guy on Facebook sent his in and the good ol' USPS lost it in shipping!!!! A new ECU cost a small fortune too. Now he's screwed. :mad:
You sure about that. I've heard nothing about this, nor has anyone at the dealership, I have never seen anyone's ecu get lost yet, coming or going. I would think that if someones thought there ecu may have got lost in the mail they would have called us, we actually keep used extra ecu's here just for people that need them or in case of something like this, We insure everything going back & always recommend that people insure there's for at least $400 (price to replace used) we also offer it at check out even on our website. I assume you must have read something somewhere about someone else or something, if someones ecu got lost coming to us you mind posting a link or telling this person to contact us or copying & pasting my reply to this thread so if they did send it to us but never contacted us for some reason we can help them..

·
Registered
14 Posts
It was on the "Can Am Renegade and Outlander" Facebook group. It was being shipped to you, not from you. When I'm back home, I'll search and provide a link. I'm in the middle of the forest RN, on very spotty 3G.
Might be a Lie, There are a handfull of weirdos on that page, they make up lies about me & others all the time on there to try & steer business to them instead of me & the admins allow it because they are all friends canadian & they have all been banned from other groups al ready, like the wild ghetto west in there, lol, either way if you would post on there & tell him to call us, like I said, I've never seen anyone loose a computer before, & no one has called us stating is missing or to see if we got it, makes no sense.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Tell him to call us, it might be here. If not we can give him a replacement way cheaper. Them first two replies are two of them guys I was telling you about. I tried to Find Frank Castle on FB but there was over 30 people named Frank Castle on the first page with that same profile picture.

·
Registered
14 Posts
OK. I did. I posted in that FB thread to contact you.

While I have you here.... Do you have a tune for a 2017 450 Outlander, with a slip on pipe? If you flash my ECU... I can get rid of my EJK blinky box, correct?
Thanks, Yes we do.

·
Registered
31 Posts
What he is saying is true. The fan coming on early will only delay the engine from getting hot enough for the thermostat to open.

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
Yeah. I can’t imagine that spending 4 times as much is producing a 4 times better product.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hmmm? Not sure exactly how I feel about this re-flash now. In post #43, Ray specifically says that he lowers fan turn on temp. On the phone he said, yup, I got you as he was reading my notes. I bolted it on today.... and let it run. Fan kicked on at 200F one time.... and 201F the next. Stock is 203F. So... accounting for a few % error. Then fan settings were not even touched. If he's saying... "That's not what you want", then why isn't that discussed on the phone?

View attachment 95711
You told me not to, I remember talking to you as I had to go into great detail with you on the phone explaining why you do not want to & after explaining it to you agreed & told me not to & to do it like normal, your motor is supposed to be 200* at all times. If you change it you make the computer start reading from different fuel tables & will make your bike run bad, the exhaust is what gets hot & the fans kicking on blowing the air across your headers is what burns your legs, the fueling we do makes your exhaust stop glowing red & run way cooler, this is all what I explained to you (Matt) and that removing thermostat will make the engine coolant run cooler at first & the headers as the computer is dumping extra fuel because it thinks it is in warm up still but after time will become saturated & can begin to run even hotter then normal as the coolant is never in the radiator long enough to allow it to cool, also discussed how the heat from the headers can also melt snorkels & how rerouting the cvt exhaust (on non xmr's) not to dump directly in the header may help with melting plastics on fender & seat, etc, I remember explaining all of this with you, you told me to do it the way I normally do & I said ok.

If you are not happy with it matt send it back, I will gladly refund your $, only had to do it for one person ever, you would be the second but I will rather make you happy then have you going around making post saying I or the company I work for didn't do something that I said I was going to or whatever your insinuations or intentions in putting this post up is, if you had a question you should have just messaged me, I've responded to everyone of your messages, the other guy that had me flash his 3 times back to back for him then back to stock & refund his $, he was from here as well, I did exactly what he wanted & would you as well, that is the reason I call everyone first is to go threw everything just to make sure everything is done correctly & I even make notes on your paper or the card included with your ecu. I've actually never had anyone ask me as many questions before on a flash as you two guys did & just so happens you are the only ones returning them, wanting a refund, I responded to every private message both you sent, some people are not happy for whatever reason, but fact of the matter is a tune make your bike run cooler, more powerful & better. Dyno's don't lie, I think you guys had 450's or 570's or something like that, & people think a flash is going to makesome world of difference on these but fact of the matter is the power gains on smaller engines is very minimal compared to the bigger motors, I think some people think they're going to have a night & day difference with a flash on a 450 & fact of the matter is it's minimal.

Send it back, I will refund your $ & flash it back to stock,( including your shipping), why you couldn't have messaged me or gave me a chance to reply is irrelevant, let me get you back to were you were before you started & you can go to being happy & not how I took your cake, lets put this past us, let me refund your $, & return it back to stock if you are not happy.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Tell him to call us, it might be here. If not we can give him a replacement way cheaper. Them first two replies are two of them guys I was telling you about. I tried to Find Frank Castle on FB but there was over 30 people named Frank Castle on the first page with that same profile picture.
Lots of douschers out there. I’m on that page too and you have some good, some bad, and the ones looking to make money. I got my flash from monster but had I found out about you, I would have gone with you. Lots of good things I’ve heard about your work, and for cheaper! Keep up the good work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Lots of douschers out there. I’m on that page too and you have some good, some bad, and the ones looking to make money. I got my flash from monster but had I found out about you, I would have gone with you. Lots of good things I’ve heard about your work, and for cheaper! Keep up the good work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ya his ecu already showed up, he shipped it from canada & it was taking a few days more then he thought it should so I heard he was posting on that website saying he shipped his ecu to us & it got lost in the mail, so with the help of another guy on here I got in contact with him & he was insistent it was lost, so I offered to sell him another ecu dirt cheap, flashed it & sent it to him. The next day, his showed up & we are now having to refund him the $ he paid for the ecu we sold him & keep his as replacement.

121 - 140 of 173 Posts