Can-Am ATV Forum banner

161 - 180 of 207 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
I’m still loving my flash from Ray. No regrets here and I have approx. 50 miles on my 570 since I last posted. Not sure if I would say people but maybe one person on this topic and we all know who that was. If at this point your still second guessing yourself then maybe it is best that you go with something else. To my knowledge there was only one complaint or complainer in this thread-topic. Just saying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
591 Posts
has anyone who has had their bike flashed gained/lost any MPGs?

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I shipped out my computer to Ray on Tuesday. I’ll post up my findings after I get it back in my outty

·
Registered
19 Posts
The point I am trying to make is why come on here asking for opinions and still not pull the trigger when multiple people have said it’s worth it is beyond me. I don’t have performance parts on mine so I’m sure mine was an easy flash. For the guys who add that stuff your flash might not work as good unless you have it dynoed. If I did I would probably want a tuner that I could adjust from home but that’s just me. I was a little worried at first but for a $100 bucks you cannot go wrong trust me. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
The point I am trying to make is why come on here asking for opinions and still not pull the trigger when multiple people have said it’s worth it is beyond me. I don’t have performance parts on mine so I’m sure mine was an easy flash. For the guys who add that stuff your flash might not work as good unless you have it dynoed. If I did I would probably want a tuner that I could adjust from home but that’s just me. I was a little worried at first but for a $100 bucks you cannot go wrong trust me. Hope this helps.

I already sent mine out. I was just looking to hear long term review ???

·
Registered
2 Posts
Long term review , sorry I can't be more detailed but with about 30 hours since I reflashed the ecu I'm still happy I did it still for me the power increase was minimal but to be fair I also swapped to a good set of 27" mud tire from factory 25's very shortly after getting it done so my judgment there may not be well justified plus even ray will tell u 570's aren't gonna make a huge difference power wise, it runs cooler and that's the main thing I wanted, I have no clue mpg wise other than it's still not to different than my wifes that's still bone stock, no weird issues of any kind

·
Registered
2 Posts
Btw I'm the TC to start with for some reason I had issues logging in for a while and now it has me linked in differently lol

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Received my ecm from wholesale atv today. No real riding yet but that quick rip I took felt real good

·
Registered
16 Posts
Well, since I’ve been following this conversation from almost the beginning, I’m going to jump on the bandwagon as well soon. Just for the sake of conversation, I went ahead and bought the Yoshi pipe to see how the 850 reacted to just that with no tuning. So far there is a lot of spitting down low and in the mid range. It seems to have pretty bad response in that range as well. When given generous throttle, it opens up and runs well, but no one goes wide open everywhere. I’ll be riding it more today for some more thoughts as well. After all this corona stuff calms down, I’ll be driving to Ray and getting it tuned. I’ll report my experience and opinions as I get them.

Dacam, I’ve really been following your experience with this since we have the same motor and I’m thinking my outcome will be similar.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Snake,
I’m really happy with the reflash. It has been a night and day difference.
I really wish I could put it on a dyno to actually see the numbers. I have no clue what the air/fuel ratio is and I feel my bike could use a tad more fuel. Don’t get me wrong, it runs great but every once in awhile I get a slight sputter at a long steady speed run at about 45 mph.
I guess you could ask Ray and he’ll let you know what the settings are.
But for now, I’m just riding the crap out of this bike. Loving it!!
Thanks,
Dacam

·
Registered
669 Posts
Well, since I’ve been following this conversation from almost the beginning, I’m going to jump on the bandwagon as well soon. Just for the sake of conversation, I went ahead and bought the Yoshi pipe to see how the 850 reacted to just that with no tuning. So far there is a lot of spitting down low and in the mid range. It seems to have pretty bad response in that range as well. When given generous throttle, it opens up and runs well, but no one goes wide open everywhere. I’ll be riding it more today for some more thoughts as well. After all this corona stuff calms down, I’ll be driving to Ray and getting it tuned. I’ll report my experience and opinions as I get them.

Dacam, I’ve really been following your experience with this since we have the same motor and I’m thinking my outcome will be similar.

I added a yoshi to my 850 before my monster FI flash. I had similar experiences with mid range popping ect. Since my flash, I don't have near the amount of that. But the same mid range "issue" but when you feed it fuel it just rips. I also have a cv tech primary. My 30" heavy tires could also have something to do with it.

I'd be curious to know your findings after you get the flash done with your yoshi. Let us know.

Since you mentioned you added the yoshi, I would HIGHLY recommend running the summit.com hot rod 2000* shielding on your gear box vent line if you ride water at all. I melted mine... and took a little bit of water. Now, with that 1/4" (i believe) sleeving on, I should not have that problem again, I also was able to snake it further away from the right hand side header pipe.

1/4" is what I ordered: Heatshield Products Hot Rod Sleeves 204013

I had to use WD40 to slide those sleeves on my fuel and gearbox vent lines.

Reactions: snake850

·
Registered
16 Posts
Alright, took the Outty to wholesale today for the tune. Very laid back atmosphere and the people were personable. I just unloaded at the dock and they took it to the back for tuning. I was asked what I’d like done and that was it. I could have dealt with a little more talk about it, but I’ve read the website so thats probably enough.

Initial thoughts on returning home with it are good. I’ll answer some common questions below about what I’ve noticed so far, and maybe y’all can ask more if you need to know.
1. Did it increase power? A little perhaps (haven’t ridden a ton yet, but I’ll reply back with more later)
2. Did it cool it down? Yes, engine running is noticeably cooler (more extensive riding will also shine more light).
3. Did it help with fueling and throttle response? Resounding Yes! No more spitting or sputtering. Throttle response is super crisp and snappy. Steady throttle at different rpm is stead and smooth.

Just with these changes I believe the product is fantastic for the price! I’ll be able to speak more about it as I ride more, but if you have questions just let me know.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Not sure I understand what your asking.

161 - 180 of 207 Posts