Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well as most of you know I have recently taken a trip to Colorado Elk hunting. I figured that I would put together a little thread here letting everone know how the trip went.

The hunt went way better than it has any other year. The season started on Saturday, my Dad shot his Elk on Sunday afternoon, and I shot mine on Monday mourning. My dad shot a really nice 6X6 bull and I shot a good sized cow. We hunted with muzzleloaders there. I'm hoping that next year I will draw a bull tag, since I called in two bulls this year only to have to watch them.

·
Premium Member
4,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here is a picture of the cow I shot.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here is the bull my Dad shot.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found a 5x5 skull in the woods, here is me after a 4 mile walk with the skull tied to my pack.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yup, I feel much more at home out in the marsh, but I managed to get by out in the woods. I was pretty excited to get this one, since we have not had much for luck in the past five years or so. There was considerably less bowhunters out this year, which I am guessing was why there was more elk around than normal. Sure wish I would have had a bull tag, hopefully next year I will draw one.

·
Registered
76 Posts
A buddy of mine just returned from hunting out there! He said they ran into a bunch of tree huggers {anti hunters} hooting and holloring the whole time they were in the woods! Their hunt was nothing to write home about!!:pu:

·
The Enforcer
10,148 Posts
anytime I encounter "noise makers" or even a bunch of... errrr... "hunters" that flood the area you are hunting in.... I take a few mins and watch exactly what they are doing, where they are doing it, and which direction they seem to be headed in. then I start looking for escape routes that the animals I hunt would be taking even if I have to ride a bit to get to it. I find an advantage point and hang out. I let the tree huggers drive the game to me hee hee.... OH and be sure to thank them once you have tagged yer game :)

·
Premium Member
4,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Give em a nice bloody hand shake after you get done gutting it!

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
Congrats on the Elk! I'm headed out to Montana (Oct 18) for a guided rifle hunt. 4 of us headed out, I took a nice 5x5 last time out with my bow. Been running my butt off the get in shape, no quads on this trip.

·
Registered
27 Posts
That is a very nice Elk that you and your Dad took down. It is very good to see a father and son team up on some good hunting. Excellent ...

Hey OSOKILL I like the way you use them Bush pushers..... I am sorry that there are so many anti hunters in this world. We (that is in Saskatchewan) are very lucky at this time not to have that many active anti's......... most likely that it is to dang cold for them to stomp around in the woods in Nov, besides there is to much country and they could find us out there anyways....... Good luck in Hunting........

·
The Enforcer
10,148 Posts
Hey nuttin ruins their whole month better than thanking them for driving the game to you LOLOL "Hey guys, thanks a BUNCH EH I woulda never bagged this guy if it wasnt for you THANK YOU THANK YOU" hee hee

·
Registered
27 Posts
Nice wrangle move ...... that should get there blood boiling once they figure out that they accually help you and not hinderd you........LMAO

1 - 17 of 17 Posts