Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for info from anyone who has installed Elka shocks stage 4 on a 2007 CanAm Outlander EFI.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
That is too vague of a question. What kind of info are you looking for?

·
Registered
790 Posts
First you contact a Elka, decide what stage of shocks you want, give them your quad info "2007 CanAm Outlander EFI.",your weight & if you normally have a rider or the weight of your usual cargo, your style of riding, how plush you want your ride etc... They will build your shocks to suit, you install, then you experiment with the settings until you are happy with the way it rides. Easy Peasy

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have contacted Elka and they said they only start in 2010. I did find Elka shocks for a 2007 Outlander 500. What is the difference between 2010 and 2007 shocks?

·
Registered
790 Posts
What size of a machine do you have? I believe a 2007 Outlander 500 had McPherson struts.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Your 2007 Outlander 650 Takes the same rear shocks as the 2007 Outlander 500 you found.

But the 500 front suspension should of had McPherson Struts unless someone welded some brackets on, added A-arms & a few other parts.

So two of those Elka's you found should fit the rear of your 650.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I also did a comparison with the 2007 Outlander and the 2010 Outlander and they seem to be the same as well. If I order stage 3 from Elka for a 2010 and I can't get them to fit are they returnable

·
Registered
790 Posts
I wouldn't think so, because they would have been built to suit your weight, riding style etc..
2007 & 2010 do not have the same front suspensions, those shocks will not interchange, unless that 2007 has been modded as I mentioned in post #9.
The rear shocks of both 2007 & 2010 will be the same, but that is it!

Reactions: mrh
1 - 12 of 12 Posts