Can-Am ATV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:th_smiliebanana2:About a month ago they had a sale Four stage 4s for $1200 so I use my refund a ordered a set. can't wait to get them maybe Friday .:aniwheeler6:

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
Please please Please adjust them. Spend a good half day or more getting them dialed in. So many times people just slap the 8 bolts in and think their work is done.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Take em' for a few days worth of riding and adjusting, so many options. You'll love them. Congrats! :th_smiliethumbsup:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Won't be long now till all the orders start coming in. Wouldn't surprise me if at least 25% of forum members will have Elkas by month end. MGRAM is the only one I know that got his already.

Maybe it's time for someone to post a "How To" instructions on proper setup. I have a pretty basic idea, just not sure about setting up the low speed compression.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Please please Please adjust them. Spend a good half day or more getting them dialed in. So many times people just slap the 8 bolts in and think their work is done.
I went for a ride today so when they come I can do a real comparison and make the adjustments:th_smiliedance::tools1:

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Mine are installed and will be testing them this weekend, the instructions with the elka's are very descriptive in how to adjust, they roughly adjust them to get you close to what you tell them your weight and riding is, but they will need to be adjusted or your not getting your money's worth
Now everyone likes pics right? :)
Suspension part Shock absorber Coil spring Auto part Suspension Suspension part Shock absorber Coil spring Auto part Suspension Suspension part Suspension Auto part Vehicle Shock absorber Tire Automotive tire Auto part Wheel Automotive wheel system Land vehicle Tire Vehicle All-terrain vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
48 Posts
Mine are installed and will be testing them this weekend, the instructions with the elka's are very descriptive in how to adjust, they roughly adjust them to get you close to what you tell them your weight and riding is, but they will need to be adjusted or your not getting your money's worth
Now everyone likes pics right? :)
View attachment 26786 View attachment 26787 View attachment 26788 View attachment 26789 View attachment 26790
I can't figure you out MGRAM. Your old shocks look as new as the new Elkas and just last week you had a new Big Gun exhaust and now new HMF. They hiring where you work? lol

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I have problems okay and there is no help for my addiction lol
Well the Walmart I work at is looking for more cashiers and door greeters as I just got promoted to janitor ;)

·
Registered
48 Posts
LOL I hear ya on the addiction issues. I work at Walmart too, just pushing carts around the parking lot. They still won't let in the store yet.

·
Registered
6,090 Posts
I ordered mine Feb 16th still not here yet. I emailed ELKA and they said 4-6 weeks now because of the amount of orders they received. Oh well. April 15th is the end of sled season and there's still 4 ft of snow here.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I still don't know how I received mine so quick, because when I placed my order they said it would be until the end of March for mine to come in, my order must of gotten accidentally bumped up to the top, usually the opposite happens lol

·
Registered
283 Posts
Nice. I paid 1800 for my stage 3s with rebound in front also. Once adjust properly and they wear in some they are awesome.

·
Registered
570 Posts
I ordered a set of stage 4's on February 14, I still haven't heard anything about them being shipped. The credit card has not been charged yet.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Ahhhhhhhh, I just realized I used my other CC. Yeah, I've been charged ;)

·
Registered
201 Posts
Ordered mine on 2/13 and I'm still patiently waiting, pretty sure shipping will take a little longer coming to the bottom of Louisiana. Plus they have had some pretty bad weather that has been delaying other packages from up north.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ordered mine on 2/13 and I'm still patiently waiting, pretty sure shipping will take a little longer coming to the bottom of Louisiana. Plus they have had some pretty bad weather that has been delaying other packages from up north.
How were they going to ship yours mine came two day air FedEx.:th_smiliebanana2:

1 - 20 of 57 Posts