Can-Am ATV Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
I've been adjusting my stage ridiculous and can safely say that having adjustability on them is really nice. Just 3 clicks on the rear rebound adj made a huge difference.

Still a long way from having them spot on and knowing what I need for different conditions. Springs are too soft too so I keep having to go back to scratch and start over when new springs come in.

Will say I was very disappointed in the stage 3s coming w/ no rebound on the front, then finding out that several users had asked for front rebound too and gotten it for free. I returned the stage 3s and bought the 'ridiculous' from Impact Solutions here in the USA. They have been great to deal with too.

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
Elka isn't the most brilliant with setting these up to the riders weights and conditions. They focus on Sport quads and just throw parts at us utility guys.

·
Registered
308 Posts
the elka stage 4 i had on my outty were absolutely awesome, i would definately recommend them to anyone looking for a better ride with lots of adjustability to fine tune to ones riding style

·
Registered
666 Posts
Or find a set of takeoffs of a XXC, the fox podiums are pretty awesome.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
^^^Yep...lol ^^^

·
Registered
5 Posts
Oops, forgot to enter text. See next reply

·
Registered
5 Posts
I’ve had the Elka’s stage 3 (earlier version than the ones available today) since I broke the stock ones (3 times) on my 2015 800 XMR. “It is by far the BEST upgrade you can make!” Period! You will notice a huge improvement over fast pot holes, tighter corning and control and a way smoother ride over all. But be prepared to fine tune them for your specific riding style (to get the most out of them)

it’s been six years and they are still going strong and I still have to tweak them for the various terrain I ride. They probably do need to get serviced soon as the bushing mounts are starting to get loose.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts