Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we all know the exhaust discussion and all the different options they have. So what I'm trying to find out and because I have 0 experience with the dual slipons, what the hell is the benefit over the single slip on?

I'm still stuck between RJWC and Muzzy. I like the sound of the RJWC, and although they're a bit heavier I think the sound would be the benefactor for me. My question is who has the best pricing on those things, they're a pretty penny IMO.

Next, duals or no duals and why?

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
Duals are used so u have 2 mufflers to cancel the noise and make them easy on the ears.

If you read the other forum, the RJWC is a poor performer and doesn't even have a US forestry service approved spark arrestor in it. Dumb!

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Duals are used so u have 2 mufflers to cancel the noise and make them easy on the ears.

If you read the other forum, the RJWC is a poor performer and doesn't even have a US forestry service approved spark arrestor in it. Dumb!
I could careless about the spark arrestor to be honest, because I took it out of my stock pipe to make it sound more throaty.

It's not about performance to be honest. I know muzzy has the best performance but I'd like sound as well. HMF is just overly loud, and the gains between that and RJWC is about the same.

·
Registered
48 Posts
A know a few guys around me that have the RJWC duels and they do sure sound nice. I don't think there's any other pipe that compares to it's build quality. With that said, it's a little more then what I am willing to pay for an exhaust.

Not sure about the spark arrestor, never bothered to ask. Most guys I know don't run with them anyways. I can't understand why RJWC can't throw in a simple screen and get one approved. Unless there's some kind of rocket science behind it. You ever see a Muzzy's spark arrestor. It looks like a T-pee stapled together.

In my personnel opinion I prefer the duels coming out the rear, looks real badass. For sound I love the HMF. For performance everyone says Muzzy, but I don't see much performance gains out in the field. Clutching, suspension and tires is where performance is at.

As for a single slip on exhaust. LTE for me. That's if you like loud. If you like quiet, then I'd go Muzzy. Should also mention MGRAM talks highly about the new Big Gun if your looking for not so loud single slip on.

At the end of the day, only you have to listen to your exhaust day after day. So when you choose an exhaust. Better make sure you like how it sounds.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts